Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Savage 10FCP-K in an XLR Chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 01:01 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Savage 10FCP-K in an XLR Chassis

I haven't seen anything on the boards about this particular chassis set-up. I was looking for something with better ergonomics than my accustock and with larger capacity mags. The accustock action doesn't have much aftermarket support and when I saw these and found out it would fit, I knew it was what I wanted

The chassis can be made to fit any action, he has most popular makes already templated, and accepts AICS 5 & 10 rnd mags . He can supply several buttstock choices (upgraded "tactical" shown) or you can use just about any AR style stock.
Shown with a Premier 3-15x50 on Badger rings and a NF 20 MOA rail. Now to get out and see how it shoots

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-06-2011, 01:29 AM   #2
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1082 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 507

Cool looking set-up,but DAMN!!!!,they're proud of their stuff. $720.00 for that,you've got to be really into the Tactical look to dish out that much for their set-up.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
Cool looking set-up,but DAMN!!!!,they're proud of their stuff. $720.00 for that,you've got to be really into the Tactical look to dish out that much for their set-up.
I buy my guns to shoot and while the asthetics are certainly part of the package; the features are why I made the purchase. I would compare the pricing for stocks to optics, pay for the features and quality that you need and the form will follow the function. Most of the low end stocks don't have the features I want. I am not really "into the Tactical look " but I do hate the look of the Choate and at this point it doesn't matter, it or the other aftermarket stocks I do like, are not made for the bolt release in the trigger guard.

• I have a bit of arthritis in my hands and a pistol grip (or thumbhole) stock lets me shoot longer and better +1
  • The grip is interchangeable with almost any AR style grip so I can fine tune it to my needs +2
  • I wanted larger capacity mags and I have been EXTREMELY disappointed with SSS and most of the Savage aftermarket. I can buy high quality 5 or 10 rnd AICS mags almost anywhere +3
  • The buttstock is adjustable for length of pull so a taller guy like me doesn't have to "settle" or rig up something for a better fit +4
  • We all want accurate weapons, this chassis is machined exactly to fit the action so no bedding is required and I don't have to make my own modifications to a "custom" stock because of my bolt release. The hand guard provides a rigid mount for a bipod over a full floating barrel +5

So FOR ME (YMMV) the features, not the "look" made this chassis a good purchase. I would guess you have never priced a McMillan or AI stock but the XLR is very competitive and is of the same (or better) quality.

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Old 04-07-2011, 12:38 AM   #4
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1082 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 507

TCH2FLY,I meant no disrespect by my post. I just looked at their site after seeing your post,and thought out loud.
I can tell by your optics,you enjoy quality equipment.I'm the same way.

I was just thinking that someone could buy a rifle like the Savage 10 BAS-K,which is a very similar looking weapon,cheaper than buying a rifle and then spend that much more for an aftermarket stock like that.

I'm sure that it is a quality made piece,and it does have many things that adjust to the shooter.

And yes,I do know what McMillan and ACI stocks cost.They are also quality products.

I look forward to seeing a range report on that rifle,I know it should be an excellent shooter. THB