Savage 10 FCP-SR Any Thoughts?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Savage 10 FCP-SR Any Thoughts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 01:31 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1302 Times on 846 Posts
Likes Given: 2731

Default Savage 10 FCP-SR Any Thoughts?

Has anyone had a chance to try out the Savage 10 FCP-SR? I'm really liking the looks of that gun and was curious if anyone has tried it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-18-2011, 01:40 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

i absolutely love mine!!

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/savage-10-fcp-sr-good-bad-49127/

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/savage-10-fcp-sr-49015/

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/another-day-savage-10-a-50809/

my lgs has one here in stock.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-18-2011, 02:45 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1302 Times on 846 Posts
Likes Given: 2731

Default Thanks

Thanks, I read your posts and it looks pretty sharp.The only thing I didn't like is that it has a plastic trigger guard, but I guess I can get past that? I'm just really starting to like that rifle. I do have a couple of questions though.

How much does the suppressor quite the gun?

How much was the extra magazine, and does the magazine get in the way?

I'm used to a long magazine but that one looked like 20 rounds instead of 10, and I was just a little concerned about it getting in the way. Other than that, that gun looks to be just about perfect.

Thanks

Old 11-18-2011, 03:59 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
Thanks, I read your posts and it looks pretty sharp.The only thing I didn't like is that it has a plastic trigger guard, but I guess I can get past that? I'm just really starting to like that rifle. I do have a couple of questions though.

How much does the suppressor quite the gun?

How much was the extra magazine, and does the magazine get in the way?

I'm used to a long magazine but that one looked like 20 rounds instead of 10, and I was just a little concerned about it getting in the way. Other than that, that gun looks to be just about perfect.

Thanks
The trigger guard feels more like a polymer. Kinda like what ar15 a2 handguards feel like. It does save weight.

Dunno bout thesuppressor still waiting on my tax stamp.

The magazines run about 60$ they dont get in the way. Unless your resting the rifle flat on the ground then it serves as a cheap monopod and still feeds fine when used lik that. They are accumag magazines. The metal ruger gunsite gsr mags are the same the newruger polymers are not compatable.

They are single stack and feed very reliable.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...