Savage 10 FCP-SR - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Savage 10 FCP-SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 02:08 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

i was looking for spare mags for this rifle and after taking a real close look at the mag very lightly stamped on the side was "accurate-mag". taking a look at their site: Accurate-Mag.com they offer bottom metal kits for the savage accustocks basicaly its what came on my savage.

cost is under 200$ for a detachable 5-10 round. they also offer the kit for remingtons but prices are 350$+

the ruger gunsite rifle uses the same bottom metal and mags.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #12

nice rifle...is that 300 win-mag? BTW if your looking for mags try alphaindmfg.com their mags fit better in my Ruger and are shorter by about an inch. They are in the final stages of a shorter 5 rd mag also.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:30 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

No its 308. Ive had a 300 winmag and a 338 winmag in hthe past dont care for either. If im gonna get another big cartridge like that its gonna be a barret semi auto.

Yeah i am looking for mags ill check that source out thanks

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-19-2011, 01:49 AM   #14

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Thanks.

Its a lot like operating a mosin bolt. A little stiff and clunky but definately solid lockup. What really counts is the result when firing. But i knew the bolt wasnt going to be smooth like a mauser ive fired savages owned by other folks.

Price for all the features isnt a bad deal. Especially for the way ive seen similar savages shoot.

One other thing if i end up liking the stock im gonna have it primered then digi camoed pink. The stock not the gun
Sweet rifle I wish they had something with the large capacity mags when I bought my FCP-K.

The bolt will smooth out with use but you can help it along. I have seen some of the efforts folks put into bolt kits and it doesn't seem worth the trouble but I was able to improve mine with a bit of emory paper and metal polish.
You can get much lighter lift feel by polishing the surfaces shown (make sure to do the ramp)
bolt-006.jpg
So as to not actually remove metal, I used water with a very fine emory paper followed by some metal polish to smooth the finish on the mating surfaces. I also used the poilsh on the edges of the lugs and the bolt works like butter

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Old 10-19-2011, 02:41 AM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

thanks its getting a lot smoother with use. if you have a accustock and 308cal accumag makes bottom piece that mine has. any accustock i think in 308 or 300wm can be upgraded to a detachable 10 round mag

Old 10-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #16

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Sweet rifle! I have 4 Savages and every one is a tack driver.