Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Savage 10 BAS-k (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/savage-10-bas-k-11368/)

longshot 02-28-2009 12:58 AM

Savage 10 BAS-k

Has anyone seen any articles or field tests with this rifle? I know its brand new and designed for law enforcement but I haven't found much information on it.

Ghillie06 03-30-2009 09:49 PM

Reply to thread

Yah man..... check this out.....

Savage's Heavy Metal Precision

dhdogs 02-15-2010 03:12 AM

The BAS-K is as good as you can get for the money you spend. I have had one for about 6 months. It has demonstrated no problems. and the accuracy is better than expected. I am new to the long gun and enjoying every minute.

SirGeorgeKillian 02-15-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longshot (Post 76095)
Has anyone seen any articles or field tests with this rifle? I know its brand new and designed for law enforcement but I haven't found much information on it.

I love Savage rifles, some say I have an unhealthy obsession, but even for all the gun you get (which is a lot) I cant see spending 1600+ on a Savage. Don't get me wrong, I want one, but there is just something sacrilgous about a Savage with that kind of price tag. Savage is known for their accuracy and value, I guess its going to be a while before I am used to that value including that market.

dhdogs 02-16-2010 05:56 PM

The heavy price may be true, but when compared to the Rem 700 with a heavy 24" barrel and and adjustable trigger. You pay more for the threaded barrel on the Rem you do not have the option of screwing on a suppressor unless you wish to pay the bucks. The Rem does not come with all of the attaching points. Not a problem to attach the bipod and sling. Put the rails on the Rem and your looking for an additional $350. I have got a 4.5-16X50 scope and still have room on the top rail for an NV Device and with the side rails I have options. So what I'm getting to is that the BAS-K comes with all of the options and allows you to be flexable in any direction you may wish to go. If you add a REM that guarentees 1/2" MOA. $1600 isn't much compared to what you would pay for a 700 with the same options.

:rolleyes:

RENAGADE9 10-02-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhdogs (Post 231402)
The heavy price may be true, but when compared to the Rem 700 with a heavy 24" barrel and and adjustable trigger. You pay more for the threaded barrel on the Rem you do not have the option of screwing on a suppressor unless you wish to pay the bucks. The Rem does not come with all of the attaching points. Not a problem to attach the bipod and sling. Put the rails on the Rem and your looking for an additional $350. I have got a 4.5-16X50 scope and still have room on the top rail for an NV Device and with the side rails I have options. So what I'm getting to is that the BAS-K comes with all of the options and allows you to be flexable in any direction you may wish to go. If you add a REM that guarentees 1/2" MOA. $1600 isn't much compared to what you would pay for a 700 with the same options.

:rolleye

Could any one tell me what bullet this weapon was designed for? I have tried a few different rounds but I have found no consistency. There are many rounds out there. I would like to see if any one else has had the same problem and if any one gas found the round this weapon likes the best.
WHAT round performsthe the best for you. I have a few but had a hard time finding consistancy