Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > S. Korean M1s a no go

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 10:09 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I hate politicians,,, all parties, & think that they all are a bunch of liars.

That said,,,, I am in agreement with FlatTire for the most part.
A Democrat is elected, & certain people &&& the NRA start vicious campaigns & lies to get the gun owners in a frenzy. What happens with this ? All ammo is sold, it is hard to get certain firearms, many get CCW permits, & the hysteria grows & grows.
What if,,, this was all a ploy by the NRA [ I am a member ] & dealers to increase sales ? What a great business idea it has become.
What has our current Prez & his party done about legal firearm ownership that has affected you ?

Old 08-21-2010, 12:13 AM   #22

These rifles are historic, and sought by collectors. They are why (along with guts) we now speak english.

People like the springfield armory and CMP buy these rifles and rebuild them to sell to people like me. You can buy a garand or carbine from CMP and they deliver it to your doorstep, no f.f.l. involved.

I have an m1 carbine made by Underwood typewritter co. The Rockola juke box co. and several others made them. Mine is like new. They are not available now.

There will be some junk with these rifles but many are not.

some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple...barry switzer

Old 08-21-2010, 02:10 AM   #23

Liked 761 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardrock View Post
These rifles are historic, and sought by collectors. They are why (along with guts) we now speak english.
+1...1940s era M1 Garands and Carbines represent the American resolve that defeated Germany and Japan in WWII. Whether they can be fired is irrelevant to some, just the ability to own a piece of American history is enough. It's a shame that the history of this rifle is lost on some of the younger posters here, and the State of NJ that bans the f'in things...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 08-21-2010, 04:51 AM   #24

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 41

I got paid to sort through a couple thousand Garands and Carbines imported by Blue Sky in the late '80's and early '90's. Some were in pieces, but many were pristine. Only a tiny percentage were in need of a full rebuild. One Garand showed up with a stainless barrel, and another with a chrome lined barrel. Loved those re-worked Korean oddities.

I scored an unissued, unfired Winchester Carbine out of a late shipment.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 08-21-2010, 04:58 AM   #25

Liked 253 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
You guys are welcome to take him, but i call no take-backs.
HAHA! We got enough Communists here now as it is!

Be careful who's toes you step on today....'cause they could be connected to the a** you need to kiss tomorrow.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:27 AM   #26

Default Garands and carbines.......

Down here in the land of Oz (--Australia--) we can only dream about semi autos since they were banned from the general population some 14 years ago after the Black op known as the Port Arthur massacre. We had plentiful numbers of Garands, M1 carbs and of course the SLR (FN FAL). THEY WERE ALL SCRAPPED, MUNCHED, BI-SECTED, MELTED and probably ended up as Hyundais that were sold back to us. Even .22LR semi autos are severely restricted though farmers can own them if they can convince the firearms registry of their genuine reason/need. If Mr Citizen wishes to purchase a bolt action centrefire whether .22, .3 or .458 cal; a permit needs to be applied for, genuine reason stated/argued and hope the permit is issued.

That said; I would not mind taking a few of the Garands or the Carb but it looks like I will have to move to Canada, not so bad I guess, I could use the '06 to hunt some polar bears (and back up with Mr H&H) I dont know the history of the rifles but I know the surplus Yugoslav M48 of '52 I picked up hadnt fired a round...

btw Scottg, 9x18 is not a Mak, different chambering Mak is/was soviet while 9x18 German/Austrian also differnt calibre - Mak = .365 while'18=.355. Hope this helps.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:03 PM   #27

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterd View Post
btw Scottg, 9x18 is not a Mak, different chambering Mak is/was soviet while 9x18 German/Austrian also differnt calibre - Mak = .365 while'18=.355. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info....

9x18=Makarov

Old 08-22-2010, 09:14 PM   #28

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post

A Democrat is elected, & certain people &&& the NRA start vicious campaigns & lies to get the gun owners in a frenzy. What happens with this ? All ammo is sold, it is hard to get certain firearms, many get CCW permits, & the hysteria grows & grows.
What if,,, this was all a ploy by the NRA [ I am a member ] & dealers to increase sales ? What a great business idea it has become.
What has our current Prez & his party done about legal firearm ownership that has affected you ?
The funny thing about this, is that if anyone calls themselves a Democrat or Republican it just shows ignorance. Neither party does anything much different and never for you or I. The Brady Bill came from the republicans and it never stops with the rock throwing for who ever you listen too. All they ever say is vote for me because the other guy is wrong and I can fix it. As soon as we tell them all to phuck off the better we all will be.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:32 PM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post

I don't know about anyone else on here, but I am tired of hearing from people who voted for obama telling me how great he is about putting up with our guns. Fact is Obama has put together The Most ANTI-GUN Cabinet in the history of The United States. Let me hear you obama backers squirm out of that one...

Old 08-22-2010, 09:41 PM   #30

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
I don't know about anyone else on here, but I am tired of hearing from people who voted for obama telling me how great he is about putting up with our guns. Fact is Obama has put together The Most ANTI-GUN Cabinet in the history of The United States. Let me hear you obama backers squirm out of that one...
I think the truth of either side (Dems or Repub) is they can't bring it up or they will lose votes. The elections are too close to gamble with votes. You just buy into their crap about fear, just like religion. Fear God and you won't go to hell. Oh My God the Dems have gathered a group of gun haters. None of this stuff will affect any of us.

Last edited by Flat Tire; 08-22-2010 at 09:46 PM.