S. Korean M1s a no go - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

S. Korean M1s a no go

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 10:22 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 781 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
I really don't care but, what has Obama done to the firearms in this country now that he is president. He made it legal to carry CCW in National Parks. That whole scare after he was elected was fabricated by a bunch of loser's saying show me the birth certificate. On the website whitehouse.gov he states a mission of stopping the sales of pistol grip rifles and pistol magazines of 10 or less but that is about it. I just don't see the need to be all fearful of losing anything to this president. And anyone that gets to excited has been watching to much Glen Beck, and he makes his money by exciting the masses. It never really matters what the news casters say, they just want you to listen to their drivvel. It's SAD
Please educate yourself and come back with a more lucid comment. Thanks

Barack Obama on Gun Control
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 08-18-2010, 10:47 PM   #12

Liked 253 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Please educate yourself and come back with a more lucid comment. Thanks

Barack Obama on Gun Control
I just read the whole article. I saw nothing to indicate BO has any intentions of removing firearms from law-abiding citizens. Am I missing something here? BTW I do not support gun control on law abiding citizens.

Actually BO would be considered conservative here in Canada from what I just read.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemccarthy707 View Post
I just read the whole article. I saw nothing to indicate BO has any intentions of removing firearms from law-abiding citizens. Am I missing something here? BTW I do not support gun control on law abiding citizens.

Actually BO would be considered conservative here in Canada from what I just read.
Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions

• Principles that Obama supports on gun issues:
  • Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
  • Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
  • Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.
Q: Is the D.C. law prohibiting ownership of handguns consistent with an individual’s right to bear arms?
A: As a general principle, I believe that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can’t constrain the exercise of that right, in the same way that we have a right to private property but local governments can establish zoning ordinances that determine how you can use it.
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 08-18-2010, 11:17 PM   #14

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:

Right after the election there was that firearm and ammunition ploy that ran up the prices and everything got vacant on the shelves. It was all anger and fear based. More of the anger from losing the election. I don't think it mattered who ran against McCain, Bush had been enough for the republicans.
And now there is this talk show mentality opinion based news casters that make money from getting people excited, and most people can't see thru it and it doesn't matter what side you stand on, you lose !

Old 08-18-2010, 11:32 PM   #15

Liked 1443 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

The Arms Export Control Act of 1976 (22 USC 2778) prohibits their import into the US.

Military surplus firearms sold under "Lend Lease" and similar arms assistance programs cannot be imported.

There were 5.4 million M1 rifles manufactured by Springfield and other contractors.

There are millions of them in warehouses around the world. And the only market for a 10# 3006 is here in the good ole USA.

These surplus rifles scare the shit out of the DC Royals.

When your standing army's issue is a 22 cal carbine, a few rebel "riflemen" with a long gun capable of 4-500 meter kill shots off iron sights instills fear in tyrants. Tyrants are inclined to keep them out of the hands of the rebel by passing laws!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-18-2010, 11:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions

• Principles that Obama supports on gun issues:
  • Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
  • Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
  • Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.
Q: Is the D.C. law prohibiting ownership of handguns consistent with an individual’s right to bear arms?
A: As a general principle, I believe that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can’t constrain the exercise of that right, in the same way that we have a right to private property but local governments can establish zoning ordinances that determine how you can use it.
I didn't take the source quoted as credible. I am not saying he didn't say it but I don't see a "political awareness test" as a credible source.

Some more examples would be nice just for me to see his true colors.

-Dave

Old 08-18-2010, 11:53 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
The Arms Export Control Act of 1976 (22 USC 2778) prohibits their import into the US.

Military surplus firearms sold under "Lend Lease" and similar arms assistance programs cannot be imported.

There were 5.4 million M1 rifles manufactured by Springfield and other contractors.

There are millions of them in warehouses around the world. And the only market for a 10# 3006 is here in the good ole USA.

These surplus rifles scare the shit out of the DC Royals.

When your standing army's issue is a 22 cal carbine, a few rebel "riflemen" with a long gun capable of 4-500 meter kill shots off iron sights instills fear in tyrants. Tyrants are inclined to keep them out of the hands of the rebel by passing laws!
We'll take them here in Canada
FWIW a dealer in Canada looked at those firearms and said most were junk. Only about 50% were actually serviceable.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:09 AM   #18

Quote:
I didn't take the source quoted as credible. I am not saying he didn't say it but I don't see a "political awareness test" as a credible source.

Some more examples would be nice just for me to see his true colors.

-Dave
Sometimes actions speak louder than words...

His Attorney General

Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban - ABC News

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Holder: Gun control options ‘narrowed’ after high court ruling « - Blogs from CNN.com

His Supreme Court nominees

WHEN OBAMA WRESTLES WITH HELLER

Kagan Said She Was `Not Sympathetic' Toward Gun-Rights Claim - Bloomberg

Old 08-19-2010, 12:20 AM   #19

Great links.

Thanks

-Dave

Old 08-19-2010, 04:23 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
You guys are welcome to take him, but i call no take-backs.