Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Ruger No. 1B

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2007, 08:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ruger No. 1B

I'm setting up a Ruger No.1, a blued model. It now has a Walnut stock and forearm. I want to switch to a Laminate stock and forearm, Ruger won't sell these, they have to factory install them and they won't put laminate wood on a blued gun or walnut on a stainless gun. The two ladies I talked with at Ruger were not very friendly to say the least. If anyone knows where I can get these or has a take-off set I'd appreciate it. My project has come to a screaching halt.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-22-2007, 08:58 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Ruger #1

Try out these sites;
www.JDcustomrifles.com
www.MPIStocks.com
www.Treebonecarving.com
John Q.

Old 12-23-2007, 08:03 PM   #3

Thanks,checked out te sites, they have some nice pieces. I'm tring to find a reasonable laminate stock and forearm so I can spend more on the optics. I want to do something other than synsetic, I have enough of those. the Ruger laminate would be perfect or something similar, but Ruger won't sell the parts. Thanks again.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:36 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default MidwayUSA

www.midwayusa.com
They carry the line of Bell & Carson stocks, maybe one of those will work for you. Bell & Carson makes a fine product and Midway is a solid company to order from.