Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Ruger All American (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/ruger-all-american-68850/)

paul 07-24-2012 12:50 PM

Ruger All American

Is anyone shooting one of these new rifles, well, new for this year. I purchased a Ruger All American for $301.56 in a 30-06. Should get it today/tomorrow and I'm putting a $200.00 Leupold Rifleman scope on it I got at Academy. I hope it to be as good a shooter as the $300.00 with scope Mossberg 30-06 I sold to get the Ruger with, :). I should clarify, I bought the rifle online, scope at Academy. And, I've seen/handled the rifle, would like to read reply from someone actually shooting one or has shot one.

towboater 07-24-2012 01:00 PM

I hope its a good one also. We need more made in the USA stuff.

KeysKelly 07-24-2012 01:14 PM

I have always been a huge fan of Ruger's rifles and revolvers. Not too big on their auto pistols but love the others.

Please be sure to post a range report on your 30-06. I have been thinking about picking an All American up on .308 Win.

paul 07-24-2012 01:27 PM

Ruger All American

I like idea it's made in U.S.A. I went to youtube and have found better info about them. Everyone that has "actually shot one", seems to like it very much. I'll try and give a unbiased update after I have tested mine, hopefully by this weekend.

gunnut07 07-24-2012 01:58 PM

I got my hands on one at SHOT there was a line to them. It is a very nice entry level rifle. well built better trigger than the Rem 770, and the Savage Axis.

KeysKelly 07-24-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul (Post 880223)
I like idea it's made in U.S.A. I went to youtube and have found better info about them. Everyone that has "actually shot one", seems to like it very much. I'll try and give a unbiased update after I have tested mine, hopefully by this weekend.

In this economy I try to buy American wherever possible.

huffmanite 07-24-2012 11:21 PM

I've tried to monitor posts on several gun sites for info/comments on the Ruger American by someone who has actually bought one and shot it. Been darn few such posts I've been able to find. Essentially, these few posters were happy with the rifle, thought it was accurate. Would have been nice if they'd explained what accurate was....1" 4 shot groups at 100 for example.

paul 07-25-2012 01:57 AM

Ruger All American

I have several types of sabots in different lengths. Today I installed a Remington composite stock, thumb-thru type with kick ezze pad, figured I might as well get comfortable when I'm shooting all those rounds to see what will work best. I've been able to buy boxes of premium coppers, brenneke', couple others less than $10.00 a box of 5 online. Sabots can be difficult to locate reasonable priced. I'll get back to this forum with my results. May take me a couple of weeks to have a knowledgeable reply but i'll give it my best shot.

BRAD313 07-25-2012 02:05 AM

I want to get one of the scout rifles they got but i was wondering if any one has one n what they think about it.

Werminator 07-25-2012 03:39 AM

Nutnfancy had a great review of the gunsite scout rifle.. check it out on YouTube...