Rubin Schmidt K31
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Rubin Schmidt K31

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Rubin Schmidt K31

Hi, i'm interesting for buy this gun, he is very accurate ,but the barrel these old rifle is generally not in good condition and as i began to know how the difference between a blunderbuss and a good rifle ?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-26-2009, 09:59 PM   #2

Liked 709 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 725

Stop by the Introduction thread and tell us about yourself.

Now the question, The Schmidt Rubin K31 is a great rifle, I've never seen one that does not shoot well. As with any bolt rifle look for the bolt # to match the receiver serial number and strong lands and grooves in the bore. I have 2, but have seen about 100 or so, all had exceptional bores. A 400 Meter shot w/ open sights is not difficult w/ the K31. It seems to shoot better than it should by its' cartridge stats. Very similar to 7.62x51 and also uses .308 bullets to reload. The European calibers measure the lands not the grooves as we do in the U.S.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:38 AM   #3

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
Stop by the Introduction thread and tell us about yourself.

Now the question, The Schmidt Rubin K31 is a great rifle, I've never seen one that does not shoot well. As with any bolt rifle look for the bolt # to match the receiver serial number and strong lands and grooves in the bore. I have 2, but have seen about 100 or so, all had exceptional bores. A 400 Meter shot w/ open sights is not difficult w/ the K31. It seems to shoot better than it should by its' cartridge stats. Very similar to 7.62x51 and also uses .308 bullets to reload. The European calibers measure the lands not the grooves as we do in the U.S.
I have also never seen one with a worn bore. The K31's are exceptionally accurate.