Rounding out my starting collection - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Rounding out my starting collection

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 02:04 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1228 Times on 791 Posts
Likes Given: 2478

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
Owning a few rifles, pistols, does not make a collection. Collections are based on a specific fire arm action, era, caliber. This is a collection of rifles. Swedish Mausers and 91/30's.

Collections generally end up based on specifics but usually start out very eclectic. Overtime we tend to become very knowledgeable about and interested in some specific things such as actions and eras. We then gravitate towards whatever it is we are interested in and the collection grows. We also tend to become specific about what we add to our collection , and those special pieces usually end up increasing in value because they are special. Those items also usually become very good investments.

Nice Collection

Old 03-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #12

Get a Mosin-Nagant rifle, and get a Turk Mauser, and then worry about getting more after you have some fun with them! They are used/re-conditioned at the arsenal to nice quality and most of all- INEXPENSIVE! Collecting is different from selling. I collect because I want to KEEP them all, not sell them. Shooting them is fun because there is lots and lots of ammo for them all. No ammo is "Hard to get or re-load" some just cost more $$'s. but it is out there. Buy everything you can afford and shoot to your hearts content! I have at least 15 that i paid less than $150 for and they are all fine guns. My Grandkids have already staked their claims to most of'em so I already have homes for them after i get too old and they have my love of shooting. At these prices I can give them away if I felt the emotions hit me .

Old 03-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #13

Those are Nice AND highly collectibles above! Sweet Group! I have 2 MN's but no Fin or Swedish stuff yet. They seem to cost double the normal stuff and have for the last decade and have held their price or increased in value since.
I started cheap and am working my way up into better stuff. (just got two Black Powder guns and a Savage 110 .270 with 6-24x50 scope because I want to extend my range. (Winks and nods.)
It all starts by taking that First step! Inheriting collections helps too!

Old 03-11-2012, 05:57 AM   #14

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

I would have to say a savage or a rem 700 chambered in 7-08 or 308. Easy on recoil, fun to shoot, easy to reload for, very accurate, easy to "hop up" or customize. Just my 2cents