Round when SHTF - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Round when SHTF

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 09:11 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq357

Criminals??! We would most likely be the ones defending your neighborhood and community from criminals! we dont pretend, we just dont know what the future is going to be like. We are people that rather be prepared for shtf, people that want to keep our families safe, rather then wishing we were prepared. stop watching the media nobody want's to be a wannabe rambo or commando. Grow up and look around, the world will not be amazing forever...
Im worried about the 21st, not cause i think its the end but the other wack jobs that think so

Old 12-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #22

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop
Storms and natural disasters are separate issues from the SHTF scenarios some of the posters are talking about. I live in central Florida where we are often under the threat of hurricanes. I am well prepared for a hurricane disaster, but I don't buy the so called "collapse of society" crap.
cottontop
You sir are close minded
cottontop Likes This 
Old 12-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #23

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

I am kind of with cottontop on this one.

Storms are one thing. Do I think one simple thing will happen and then we will wake up to zombies or gangs of thugs running around looting everything in sight with no sign of end or saving or help from state local or federal authorities. No I do not, I do not think the Chinese are going to nail us with some supre dirty emp sterlizer bomb. I think North Korea is as much of a threat to the USA as a minpin is to a pitbull.

No the world is not all roses and if we could eliminate one group of people the world would be much better off (but a guy tried that once and well it didn't end well for him).

Sure people freak out when things happen. Hell where I live the are nothing but a bunch of blathering idiots when we get 2" of snow. People freak out it is human nature. Even the worst events in the US like katrina, and the North Ridge quake sure there are looters. Oh they go steal TV and sneakers. Fine let them do that. All the while we are gathering food. They will starve and we will live on.

I am sure there is going to be full ER's in 10 days. The crazy bins are going to be over flowing with whackadoos as well in 10 days. But, the world is not going to be burning to the ground like many expect it to be.

I have plenty of ammo and supplies to make more ammo. I know who the preppers are in my area and I know most can't shoot very well at all. I have long range percision equipment that I will sit well out of range of their Hi Point carbines and pick them off one at a time till I can then go and move into their prep because they do nothing but brag about it.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #24

Liked 1401 Times on 831 Posts
Likes Given: 429

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
Storms and natural disasters are separate issues from the SHTF scenarios some of the posters are talking about. I live in central Florida where we are often under the threat of hurricanes. I am well prepared for a hurricane disaster, but I don't buy the so called "collapse of society" crap.
cottontop
Don't worry guys, in case something bad happens the government will be there to help.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7664 Times on 4212 Posts
Likes Given: 7376

Just my thought. Might be right--might be wrong!

I can see social/economic collapse as a possibility.

HOWEVER
----I see this as a temporary situation lasting less 6 months, probably less than three. The government , in all likelihood the military leadership, (the only part of our government I trust) will restore order.

IMHO, the Sci-Fi " Mad Max"--Road Warrior" scenario is pure fantasy. Just aint agonna happen!

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as0.gif Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. (Bull) quote

Last edited by locutus; 12-12-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:31 AM   #26

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Just my thought... I can see social/economic collapse as a possibility. HOWEVER... the military leadership, (the only part of our government I trust) will restore order.
Really? I'm not so sure. What kind of order, under who's orders -- The Conmander-in-Chief!? Because they're such experts on running a country having thrived in the democracy that is the military!?!?

This is a plan, a hope and expectation, for intermediate-term salvation -- reliance on a feudal organization built for its members to die either defending our nation or as the expression of our comittment to politics by other means against foreign enemy nations!? I admit they have practice creating Green Zones as well as rounding helpless people up, stuffing them into stadiums at bayonet point with some food, water, but no rule of law, then locking the doors behind 'em.

You first...
Holmes375 Likes This 
Old 12-13-2012, 06:20 AM   #27

Liked 183 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 133

Mostly 193, 855, and 60,65, and 69gr sierra bullet handloads for my 5.56's. 150gr. corlokt, 150gr gameking, and 155gr SMK for my 30-06. Fmj ammo for my 2 45's and my 9mm for the most part. Almost all my .22lr ammo is CCI of one kind or other, most is mini-mag. All kinds of 12ga shells round out my ammo selection for whatever happens. Im ready.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:28 AM   #28

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis

Really? I'm not so sure. What kind of order, under who's orders -- The Conmander-in-Chief!? Because they're such experts on running a country having thrived in the democracy that is the military!?!?

This is a plan, a hope and expectation, for intermediate-term salvation -- reliance on a feudal organization built for its members to die either defending our nation or as the expression of our comittment to politics by other means against foreign enemy nations!? I admit they have practice creating Green Zones as well as rounding helpless people up, stuffing them into stadiums at bayonet point with some food, water, but no rule of law, then locking the doors behind 'em.

You first...
In ways i have to agree with Locutus. It seams at this time a lot of our high ranking military personnel are, lets say unhappy with our current excuse for American leader ship. Including most of the spec ops guys. And I would not be surprised if shtf and they told Obama to go**** him self.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:45 AM   #29

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

FMJ 150gr American Eagles for my M1a...you come around lootin you'll meet your maker

Old 12-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7664 Times on 4212 Posts
Likes Given: 7376

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Really? I'm not so sure. What kind of order, under who's orders -- The Conmander-in-Chief!? Because they're such experts on running a country having thrived in the democracy that is the military!?!?You first...
You go ahead and trust Osamabamma dung dong, Pelosi Schumer, Klinton, Reid. etc.

I'm a 4 year active duty veteran. I'll trust my Generals and Admirals, once they're no longer under the "Anointed One."

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as0.gif Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. (Bull) quote