Rossi Wizard impossible to get??

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Rossi Wizard impossible to get??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Rossi Wizard impossible to get??

Nearly two months ago I special ordered a Rossi Wizard from my local gun shop. I wanted a single shot, inexpensive rive, and, most importantly, chambered for .38 special/.357. (I did not want to spend a fortune on new ammo when I had a lot of .38.... It was like dropping a pebble down a very deep well. They have had enough time to forge the thing in Brazil, ship it by sail to a US port, clear customs, and then ship it to me on horseback yet still no sign of the weapon.

Has anyone else had problems with these folk??

"Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion... in private self-defense."

-John Adams

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-12-2012, 12:32 AM   #2

Liked 982 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 631

It took Savage 10 weeks to get me a simple custom, (rebarrel), to me. I live one state up from them, about 50 miles, and one state south of Canada where the gun was actually made. I have heard that the supply is super tight right now, with some makers & models simply not being available........

Old 05-12-2012, 12:55 AM   #3

10 WEEKS! Yea Gods...that might not be in time for the Zombie uprising....

"Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion... in private self-defense."

-John Adams

Old 05-13-2012, 04:46 PM   #4

Liked 982 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 631

OH, I have it now. shot it for the 1st time yesterday. Shoots nice, but has/had a couple of things about it that I don't think you should have to fool with on this level of gun.......I am still actually waiting on the PROPER complete paperwork for it. Apparently, Savage thinks that just because "it's only a rimfire", the owner probably doesn't want a detailed description from the factory of WHY it's a custom.