Rossi/Taurus "Circuit Judge"? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Rossi/Taurus "Circuit Judge"?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I honestly can't find a purpose for that weapon and the fact that the Taurus name is on it makes me want it less.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-25-2011, 05:12 PM   #12

If you don't like the AR, have you considered a Ruger Mini-14? I just picked one up for $479 in synthetic stocks and I'm waiting to receive a GG&G rail adaptor and Reflex sight to mount and try out.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:29 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua M. Smith View Post
Hello,

I was out looking at SxS doubles tonight (nothing in .410, which is what I'm wanting this time around).

This caught my eye:

Fondled it a bit, and except for a loose stock, it felt good. It has a shield so as to keep the forearm safe from blast from the cylinder gap.

Very light. .45 Colt/.410 shotgun. I don't like the .410 shotgun part, but hey, if it's rifled all the way down, no biggie.

If it holds 4" at 100yds, I'd consider it as a light deer gun with the .45 Colt loads.

However, I'm first looking for opinions. These things are not cheap, and I want to know that they'll hold together. The stock would also be refinished (the wood wasn't done well, but looks like everything else was).

The one I looked at had both a 'scope mount and iron sights; I think the 'scope mount is sort of laughable for a carbine of this type, but you never know.

Shouldering it, it felt gooood.

If it shoots and holds up well, I'm sold.

Opinions? Has anyone seen this thing yet?

Thanks,

Josh
Using this Rifle at moderate ranges, I would have no problems carrying one in the woods. You have the advantage of shooting a single higher powered bullet or multiple 000 buckshot. The buckshot is held in a plastic cup so it will pick up a stablizing spin. Even at that, I would imagine buckshot is only useful out to 30-40 yards. It just won't carry enough energy past that distance to ensure a one hit knockdown. At self defense ranges (inside 21 feet), I would rather have a more convienent weapon to handle in close quarters.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:47 PM   #14

This gun looks pretty neat, i've had it on the back of my mind for awhile. looks like a fun little woods gun. I would be pretty interested if i could find one at a good price.

does anyone know if they come with a 3inch chamber?

Last edited by red ryder; 02-25-2011 at 06:49 PM.