Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Rossi/Taurus "Circuit Judge"?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 02:53 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts

Default Rossi/Taurus "Circuit Judge"?

Hello,

I was out looking at SxS doubles tonight (nothing in .410, which is what I'm wanting this time around).

This caught my eye:

Fondled it a bit, and except for a loose stock, it felt good. It has a shield so as to keep the forearm safe from blast from the cylinder gap.

Very light. .45 Colt/.410 shotgun. I don't like the .410 shotgun part, but hey, if it's rifled all the way down, no biggie.

If it holds 4" at 100yds, I'd consider it as a light deer gun with the .45 Colt loads.

However, I'm first looking for opinions. These things are not cheap, and I want to know that they'll hold together. The stock would also be refinished (the wood wasn't done well, but looks like everything else was).

The one I looked at had both a 'scope mount and iron sights; I think the 'scope mount is sort of laughable for a carbine of this type, but you never know.

Shouldering it, it felt gooood.

If it shoots and holds up well, I'm sold.

Opinions? Has anyone seen this thing yet?

Thanks,

Josh

Is it better to live by a corrupt society's standards rather than face persecution for not doing the same? This is the dilemma we now face. We must hold fast to our convictions as we confront this dilemma. Knowing one's self goes a long way in the crisis. - Me

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-21-2010, 04:08 AM   #2
Resident JackHole
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 292 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Well, it's certainly interesting... It looks like it was made from a Taurus Judge, right?

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:25 AM   #3
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1778 Times on 1014 Posts
Likes Given: 3562

The new Circuit Judge, price $618 MSRP. I have to check it. My local Sports Authority and a few Walmart's carry it, based on the Rossi website. Looks interesting!

http://www.rossiusa.com/product-details.cfm?id=190&category=15&toggle=&breadcrumbs eries=

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 09-21-2010 at 06:34 AM.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:43 AM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

It would be even nicer if it were in .38-55 Winchester.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:53 AM   #5

Default taurus rossi circut judge

hi my name is raymond i just recently purchased a circut judge from a local shoot shop for 459.99 and absolutly love it. i used a raised rail for my scope so i could use the iron sights for when i shot .410. at a distance of 100 yards i grouped 2'' with 45 longs and believe me it is a fun gun. my wife even shoots it. i would recomend any new shooter or even an experianced one who is looking for a gun like this to not pass it up and give it a chance. for an adverage price of 525.00 it is still a nice gun. and hopefully lookinng foward to interchangeable barrels and cylinders. would love to see a .357 and possably even a longer .22 but what would be really nice is a four shot .500 lol for when you need to get dirty hahahaha

Old 02-24-2011, 03:15 PM   #6

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt86 View Post
hi my name is raymond i just recently purchased a circut judge from a local shoot shop for 459.99 and absolutly love it. i used a raised rail for my scope so i could use the iron sights for when i shot .410. at a distance of 100 yards i grouped 2'' with 45 longs and believe me it is a fun gun. my wife even shoots it. i would recomend any new shooter or even an experianced one who is looking for a gun like this to not pass it up and give it a chance. for an adverage price of 525.00 it is still a nice gun. and hopefully lookinng foward to interchangeable barrels and cylinders. would love to see a .357 and possably even a longer .22 but what would be really nice is a four shot .500 lol for when you need to get dirty hahahaha
Thank you Sir!

I've been searching for a lightweight rifle to accompany me in the woods.

The AR platform has been looking like the one I'd go with as I'd like to build a precision varminter rifle in .223 (I refuse to say "sniper rifle"... heh). Don't really like the AR; doesn't feel right to me, but my other choice, the Keltec 5.56 rifles, have a reported habit of breaking. This is a real shame as it would be the perfect rifle for my needs.

If the Circuit Judge is, indeed, holding up, then it will become a candidate for the light rifle "break contact with bad critters" rifle of choice!

Thanks again Sir!

Josh
Is it better to live by a corrupt society's standards rather than face persecution for not doing the same? This is the dilemma we now face. We must hold fast to our convictions as we confront this dilemma. Knowing one's self goes a long way in the crisis. - Me

Old 02-24-2011, 03:27 PM   #7

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua M. Smith View Post
Hello,

I was out looking at SxS doubles tonight (nothing in .410, which is what I'm wanting this time around).

This caught my eye:

Fondled it a bit, and except for a loose stock, it felt good. It has a shield so as to keep the forearm safe from blast from the cylinder gap.

Very light. .45 Colt/.410 shotgun. I don't like the .410 shotgun part, but hey, if it's rifled all the way down, no biggie.

If it holds 4" at 100yds, I'd consider it as a light deer gun with the .45 Colt loads.

However, I'm first looking for opinions. These things are not cheap, and I want to know that they'll hold together. The stock would also be refinished (the wood wasn't done well, but looks like everything else was).

The one I looked at had both a 'scope mount and iron sights; I think the 'scope mount is sort of laughable for a carbine of this type, but you never know.

Shouldering it, it felt gooood.

If it shoots and holds up well, I'm sold.

Opinions? Has anyone seen this thing yet?

Thanks,

Josh
First off, I would be concerned about other aspects of quality if the stock was loose.

You don't like the shotgun part, so there goes any advantage to having this setup over any other single-caliber rifle.

4-inch groups at 100 yards are okay with you? On a deer, that much of a variance could be the difference between a fatal hit, an injuring (inhumane and tracking) hit, or a complete miss. And what if your shot is MORE than 100 yards? That increases the chance of the latter two possibilities exponentially.

If I were you, I'd take a pass.

Last edited by lonyaeger; 02-24-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:21 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5325 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 338

i would go for a really nice used lever gun in 45lc over a frankengun. but its up to you. the judges dont have a very good track record.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-25-2011, 01:55 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Awesome looking gun. I would love to own one.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:41 PM   #10

Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 678

I agree w/ JonM. The Judge has some issues. A lever gun would be a better choice. I picked up a full sized 1892 Rifle from these guys a few years ago. Mine is in .44-40. Great rifle! $475.00 OTD.
HARTFORD 1892 SHORT RIFLES - EMF Company

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.