Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Rossi Circuit Judge

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 04:42 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bethpage ,new york
Posts: 482
Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Default

Ohh yeah I'm not to familiar with that gun... Dk how it likes steel or the range on it but I'm pretty sure you can shoot 5.56 ammo out of it.. Look up on the twist rate too cuz I have no clue about it...
The 1-7 twist will be good for heavy rds like 62+..
Good for hunting but not good for cheaper 55gr 223 rds cuz they can actually spin apart in mid air ...
I'm surprised no one else jumped in on this thread... We should just be sending each-other messages haha

Put a sign in your front yard that reads "Gun Free House" & see where the criminals go.

__________________
hockeyjr1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #12
JTJ
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lake Havasu,Arizona
Posts: 5,259
Liked 1244 Times on 703 Posts
Likes Given: 439

Default

Ruger mini 14 serial number 188-71086 and higher are 1:9 twist. Prior to that it was 1:12.

__________________

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
If things get better with age, I am approaching magnificent.
You are either pro gun or pro crime.

JTJ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hiwall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleator,AZ
Posts: 3,147
Liked 627 Times on 407 Posts
Likes Given: 207

Default

Think about a Winchester 30-30

__________________

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

hiwall is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TooStrongTerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 288
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

I thought about it. I really like the old lever guns. If I did go that route I would get a Rossi Puma 38/357...or the like...

@TooStrongTerry

__________________
TooStrongTerry is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bethpage ,new york
Posts: 482
Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Default

My buddy has a marlin 30-30 he got used with a scope for like 400 bucks.. Thing was never shot before tho... Sweet gun the only thing is he has to but soft point or polymer tip ammo so you don't set off the round before it inside the magazine... He's brought it deer hunting twice and ammo isn't too bad.. I think rem makes a box of 20 for 11 or 12 bucks from my local dicks sporting goods..

Put a sign in your front yard that reads "Gun Free House" & see where the criminals go.

__________________
hockeyjr1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TooStrongTerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 288
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

I was thinking about a Henry Big Boy or something like that. Something in 38/357...

@TooStrongTerry

__________________
TooStrongTerry is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bear304inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,027
Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1
My buddy has a marlin 30-30 he got used with a scope for like 400 bucks.. Thing was never shot before tho... Sweet gun the only thing is he has to but soft point or polymer tip ammo so you don't set off the round before it inside the magazine... He's brought it deer hunting twice and ammo isn't too bad.. I think rem makes a box of 20 for 11 or 12 bucks from my local dicks sporting goods..

Put a sign in your front yard that reads "Gun Free House" & see where the criminals go.
If it was never shot, wouldn't it be new?
__________________
Bear304inc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:29 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bethpage ,new york
Posts: 482
Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc

If it was never shot, wouldn't it be new?
No.... Once it's purchased it becomes used... Just like a car... U drive it off the lot it's used.. Gun walks out the store it's used..

U try to sell a car the day after u buy it new you can't label it new even tho it could have less miles then another brand new car from the dealer has... Best you can label it as is "like new"

Put a sign in your front yard that reads "Gun Free House" & see where the criminals go.
__________________
hockeyjr1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:40 AM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bear304inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,027
Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1

No.... Once it's purchased it becomes used... Just like a car... U drive it off the lot it's used.. Gun walks out the store it's used..

U try to sell a car the day after u buy it new you can't label it new even tho it could have less miles then another brand new car from the dealer has... Best you can label it as is "like new"

Put a sign in your front yard that reads "Gun Free House" & see where the criminals go.
Good point,, btw wondet how a sign outside your house that said" guns not free to burglars,, but the bullets are"....lol
__________________
Bear304inc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bethpage ,new york
Posts: 482
Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc

Good point,, btw wondet how a sign outside your house that said" guns not free to burglars,, but the bullets are"....lol
Haha good one!

Put a sign in your front yard that reads "Gun Free House" & see where the criminals go.
__________________
hockeyjr1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Rossi Curcuit Judge .45lc/.410 MrWray General Rifle Discussion 8 03-27-2012 02:20 AM
Rossi (Taurus) Circuit Judge NorthMtn General Shotgun Discussion 3 12-16-2011 09:30 PM
Rossi Circuit Judge: NY Restriction? NorthMtn General Shotgun Discussion 2 11-08-2011 01:28 AM
Rossi Circuit Judge For Hog Medicine/Home Defense WannaGator General Rifle Discussion 5 10-24-2011 12:06 PM
Rossi/Taurus "Circuit Judge"? Joshua M. Smith General Rifle Discussion 13 02-25-2011 06:47 PM