Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Rossi Circuit Judge (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/rossi-circuit-judge-62235/)

TooStrongTerry 04-10-2012 06:05 PM

Rossi Circuit Judge

Hey y'all. Was looking at this carbine and I like it alot. This would be my first "rifle" besides my 22 and I am thinking about it because of the versatility. I own 2 12 ga. And I love em. Was looking at getting a 410 and found this...I'm liking the 45 colt aspect. Any reason to NOT get this gun? Anyone own one that love it/hate it?

@TooStrongTerry

hockeyjr1 04-10-2012 06:22 PM

My brother in law has it and u can't shoot bird or buck shot through it... The rifled barrel will spin the shot and make a circle pattern on anything that you shoot at.. Idk about shooting rifled slugs through a rifled barrel. (I don't think that is possible) and i don't think sabot slugs are made in 410 so all your left to shooting are 45 LC and special defense rd that are made for that gun.

Also I've read reviews on ammo that if you shoot lead nose rounds like cowboy loads they foul up the rifling in no time... Personally I don't think id get one.. There's many other rifles out there that u can get that are much cheaper to shoot..

The cheapest rds we found are 40 bucks for 50 rds.. And they were blazers.

Put a sign in your front yard that reads "Gun Free House" & see where the criminals go.

TooStrongTerry 04-10-2012 07:06 PM

Any suggestions? Lol that's the first I heard that about the buck shot. But I can't shoot centerfire in my county(we do any ways) just not hunting. But...yeah...lol

@TooStrongTerry

hockeyjr1 04-10-2012 07:29 PM

What state/county at u in? That's crazy!

Well what do u want to do with it? Self defense? Target? If so how far? Personally I went from a 10/22 ruger as my first gun to a tc venture 30-06 as my second.. Ik it's a huge jump but it was under 500 bucks and I wanted to get into deer hunting...

Also what is your price range?

Put a sign in your front yard that reads "Gun Free House" & see where the criminals go.

TooStrongTerry 04-10-2012 07:45 PM

Erie county ny. Price range is about 500... I want an older style gun that is universal

@TooStrongTerry

TooStrongTerry 04-10-2012 07:49 PM

I do leave my county to hunt. But not as often as I stay here. Kinda cheap to shoot. Plink. Hunt. Etc.

@TooStrongTerry

hockeyjr1 04-10-2012 08:54 PM

I think others on here could help you with older guns that you might like... All that's coming to mind is a mini 14 or maybe a saiga in 223 or another caliber like 308.. The ak style platform will eat any steel ammo you throw at it so it will save you on plinking... The saiga in 308 come in to different barrel length.. I'd get the longer one for higher velocities...

TooStrongTerry 04-10-2012 10:00 PM

The store near my house has one used for 499 with a scope...haven't seen it I just called.

@TooStrongTerry

hockeyjr1 04-10-2012 11:48 PM

For the saiga 308? If its not to ba looking its a fair price compared to the ones I've seen in ny for sale.

The thing with them is that they can take a hell of a beating and still shoot straight... I got mine off of a friend and he shot 1k+ of corrosive ammo then another 500 of bear ammo and never cleaned it.... I let the parts soak over night with some CLP and windex and I've never had one problem with it at all...

The only thing to keep in mind with saigas is they are sporting rifles and can't use mags over 10rds untill they are swapped back to conform to 9.22r fed law... Im converting mine myself next week..

TooStrongTerry 04-11-2012 12:12 AM

No for the mini 14... it was 499.99

@TooStrongTerry