At the risk of being black labeled... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > At the risk of being black labeled...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2010, 06:02 PM   #11
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2337 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 843

Are there any high capacity magazines available for it?

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 08-21-2010, 06:59 PM   #12

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFreedom View Post
Ok, first, I'm jealous you got to shoot a 4595 already. They just got on the market...
That's Jack for you. He is already testing stuff that won't even be off the drawing boards for another 3 years. He is that well connected.

I have no Hi Point Carbine hate. A friend has one in 9mm and he swears by the thing. Pimps it to everyone he can and everytime he brings in targets from the range they look respectable.

If the thing works for you, use it until it doesn't.

JD

Old 08-21-2010, 07:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
Are there any high capacity magazines available for it?
Promag does make a 15 round mag for the 995, but they seem to have feeding issues quite often.

I have heard good things with the new 995ts style and the revised promag mags that were redesigned to fit them, but I do not personally own any.
(my feeling is I have 30 rounds on my 995 ast any time in 3 clips, I can quick change them well enough, so why bother with bigger mags...)

If you were wondering why the mag change, when the 995ts was released, it offered a LRHO (Last Round Hold Open) function that the origional 995C did not, but to make it work right they had to slightly redesign the feed area of their mags. So even though I am sure you can use 995C mags in a ts and the other way around too, it will limit that function and I personally do not recommend it...

I am whatever you say I am...

Old 08-21-2010, 07:41 PM   #14

On a side note, I am very happy with the responses I a getting so far in this thread. Either there is not as much Hi Point hate as I thought out there, or the haters are kindly not bothering to post here.

Old 08-21-2010, 07:47 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
So what exactly is it and what's it good for? What do they cost? Do they make one in .45? Do they make one in 10mm? I would like to find a reliable and somewhat accurate 10mm carbine.
Hi Point makes some inexpensive (relatively) yet reliable handguns & rifles. I tend to sell many of the Hi Point guns at the gun shows I attend. Currently they are producing rifles in 9mm & 40 S&W, with the 9mm being the more popular models.
I remember a show years ago, I was talking with an old timer about how the Police took his Hi Point 9mm rifle away, after he brought the gun out of his trailer to menace a punk. I explained that he was lucky not to have received a court date for a class 4 violation, he was mostly unhappy cause he had installed a leupold scope on the rifle & he wished he had the scope back...

Old 08-21-2010, 07:57 PM   #16

billdeserthills, they have the 4595TS out now too. hot off the presses and are just now getting to market.
That was an expensive bit of glass for anyone to put on a 995 so I can understand his pain if not his reasoning.
Do you sell the C9 pistols as well, or strictly the carbines?

Old 08-21-2010, 08:56 PM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Ok, first, I'm jealous you got to shoot a 4595 already. They just got on the market...

Second, the HP carbines are addictive little buggers. I know people from HPFF who own 995C, 995TS, 4095TS and are already on waiting lists for the 4595TS.
I just got in a couple of the 995FG TS in my shop the other day

Old 08-21-2010, 08:58 PM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
billdeserthills, they have the 4595TS out now too. hot off the presses and are just now getting to market.
That was an expensive bit of glass for anyone to put on a 995 so I can understand his pain if not his reasoning.
Do you sell the C9 pistols as well, or strictly the carbines?
The C9 is the hardest gun for me to keep in stock, I just got 4 of them the other day. I just now realized the .45 acp is now available as a carbine, now I hafta find a couple of those for my shop!

Old 08-21-2010, 09:00 PM   #19

Yea, seems the C9 is a scarce critter these days. I want one but no one seems to have them in stock when I call and ask around...

Old 08-21-2010, 09:16 PM   #20

Default Just took a few pics with a better camera,

Enjoy: