At the risk of being black labeled...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > At the risk of being black labeled...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2010, 06:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default At the risk of being black labeled...

I was curious what the general concensus is about Hi Point 995TS carbines on this forum. I belong to the HPFF forum, and of course we're a little biased there. So please, if you've owned one, or used one give your fair opinions. If you've never owned or fired one I have a 995TS so feel free to ask me any questions you might have about it. Please, don't flame me, or snob my TS because it's not expensive (or whatever reason some "gun snobs" have for hating on weapons they have never even seen or touched personally). I just want to have a nice conversation about a carbine I own and really enjoy shooting.

I am whatever you say I am...

Last edited by DarkFreedom; 08-21-2010 at 06:54 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-21-2010, 07:02 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

So what exactly is it and what's it good for? What do they cost? Do they make one in .45? Do they make one in 10mm? I would like to find a reliable and somewhat accurate 10mm carbine.

Old 08-21-2010, 07:58 AM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

I liked mine. Shot the holy hell out of it with no issues. I would like to get the 4095 to go with mi xd40. Cant beat the little buggers thats for sure. I do like the new stocks they are putting on.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:00 AM   #4

The 995TS specifically is a 9mm carbine, good for plinking, and small game/varment control.

They also have this in a .40 cal (the 4095TS)
and very recently (as in only a few days ago) they have finally released the 4595TS which is a .45 cal carbine, which is capable of hunting larger game such as deer (if your state allows deer hunting with .45 cal rifles)

They do not make a 10mm model, nor do I expect we will see that anytime soon. HP's main idea behind these carbines is to have reasonably priced carbines in common, afordable round sizes so any common man can buy and use firearms legally.

I hope this has answered some of your questions. If you have more, or I managed to miss some info, please let me know.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I have never owned, or even shot one of those, but your looks pretty nice. I have two AR's and a nice AK, and a whole slew of older military type rifles but would not mind owning your HP.

I have tried to find a good SHTF rifle for the wife, but she doesn't really like my AR's or my AK, she is most comfortable with my (commerical not USGI) M1 carbine. I bet she would really like that HP. Not sayin that the HP is a "girl's gun" by any means, it just looks like it would fit her small frame and the pistol round would be a better choice for her.

I'll have to look into these a bit more!

TXnorton

Old 08-21-2010, 03:24 PM   #6

Many guys who own HP's end up buying a second because their wives like them and assume ownership .

I can say mine has about as much recoil as maybe a .22 so I am willing to bet your wife's shoulder will certainly love it.

When I went to Cabela's to get my HP, I had enough $ in my pocket that I could have bought an ar, or an ak or an sks, and they were all displayed right with the HP. But I had done my research for a long while before making the trip to buy, and I was not persuaded by the names or styles of the "bigger" carbines.

Old 08-21-2010, 04:17 PM   #7

Liked 1845 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 1214

I used to have a High Point 45 pistol. It was a good gun. I am kind of sorry I got rid of it. It would make a good emergency gun in a backpack or totebag. I am thinking the mags are interchangable between the pistols and the carbines. Is that correct?

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 08-21-2010, 04:21 PM   #8

the .45 mags are said to be interchangable.

I don't think the .40 cal mags can be mixed.

And you can use the 995's mags in the C9 but it is "not recommended by the manufacturer".

I've been looking for a C9 to go along with my TS.

Old 08-21-2010, 04:33 PM   #9

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

I shot the 4595TS .45 caliber carbine at the range the other day and was impressed with its handling, accuracy to target and feel. The trigger pull felt like a 1911 short pull, so it felt familiar, smooth and natural, with very little kick.

The damn thing ate every brand of ammo we fed it, with no hiccups. I was very impressed and for the price, around $300, all three calibers would make a reliable, inexpensive, lifetime warranted, abuse tolerated, good backup to a BOB or maybe even something for the wife to handle with ease or for one's self to shoot, if one so chooses.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-21-2010, 04:47 PM   #10

Ok, first, I'm jealous you got to shoot a 4595 already. They just got on the market...

Second, the HP carbines are addictive little buggers. I know people from HPFF who own 995C, 995TS, 4095TS and are already on waiting lists for the 4595TS.