Are Rifles always better than Handguns? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Are Rifles always better than Handguns?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 382 Times on 287 Posts
Likes Given: 519

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
I did a google search to come up with a stupid, awkward looking holstered rifle, but after finding this, yes a rifle is ALWAYS better than a handgun (yeah, technically it's a handgun)!
Yep, its the "mares leg" , think of it as the first SBR! Originally intended as a concealable saddle gun. Rifle firepower, 30/30, in a small package. Was honestly a flop. Not enough barrel for good velocity, and not at easy to hide as the colt sixguns. Sight radius too short to make a decent rifle.

According to anictdote, first made when rifle was brought to gunsmith with broken stock. The cowboys horse stepped on it. When asked what he could do to fix it cheap. Gunsmith sawed off broken end and tossed it back to customer. "That will be 25 cents please!"

"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

"MOLON LABE" - Come and get them, can't be any plainer than that!

Last edited by dwmiller; 12-12-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Old 12-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2604 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Movies like "Once Upon A Time In The West" made the

"Mare's Laig" an iconic "rifle that wants to be a pistol".

What it lacks in refinement, it makes up for in muzzle blast

and cool looks.