Rifles - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 10:17 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 747 Times on 522 Posts
Likes Given: 790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
Muzzle break for 223?????????? Kinda just makes u ask why
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
The CZ 527 Varminter also has a 1-8 twist rate. The American, which is what I have has a 1-12 twist. The 1-8 will stabilize heavier bullets. Mine loves 45 grn bullets and will work up to 55 grn bullets. Mine is .5 moa with 45 grn but opens up to about 1- with 55 grn handloads.
I bought one of my grandsons (11 years old) a Savage 10 sporter weight in 223 (1-9 twist) and he was shooting sub 1 moa groups with 55 grn handloads. He was out shooting his fathers Rem 700. His dad sold his 700.
The CZ varminter has a 1:9 twist. I've shot up to 65gr so far. Like a laser.
55gr, even commercail ammo out to 300 are always on target. I've loaded down to 52gr., still outstanding. Even Varmint Nightmares shoot very well.

As they say, a picture is worth a Thousand words:
Micro Mauser bolt vs standard '98 Mauser bolt:

The rifle:

It is a truely amazing rifle. The action is designed around the cartridge, not a cartridge made to fit an action.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 11-22-2011, 04:44 AM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

So faster more controllable shots aren't important? Why do most shoot off of a bench rest? To control the movement of the muzzle for more accurate shots? It has nothing to do w/ wanting to look "high speed" it does have everything to do w/ better performance.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 357 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Trapper, I hate to burst you bubble but if you looking to find firearms on the cheaper side of things, these aren't the guys to ask.

I'm not saying their not knowledgeable or trying to put them down in any way, but their American. The only "problem" with them being American is that their going to give you websites/stores that they buy from. The reasons that's an issue is because everything you order from the given websites would have to come a cross the border and from what I've heard, that's nothing but a lot of paper work and more money.

I actually seen on site that said "ammunition will not be shipped across the border unless bought in larger (one million+) amounts due to cost of sending."

I do have one sight for you that should work just fine and has decent prices on both rifles and ammunition.

http://ca.wholesalesports.com/

I haven't bought from the site, but I know guys who have gone into their store that's located up in my area and they seem to like the store.

Old 01-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9509 Times on 4092 Posts
Likes Given: 1493

As Kaido said- gents, please remember the poster is in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and exporting a rifle FROM the US and importing it IN to Canada is not cheap nor easy.

Trapper- Sako makes a very nice, accurate rifle. They are not the only ones. Savage has been turning out some very decent guns in the last few years. CZ is an excellent choice as well.

One point to consider- the Sako has- I THINK- a 1:12 rate of twist. If you are going for a heavier bullet, or a LONGER bullet (polymer tipped) that will not give the stability that a 1-9 would give. Could be a factor for longer range shooting.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.