which rifle do i go with.....?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > which rifle do i go with.....?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2008, 02:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default which rifle do i go with.....?

Okay...i have a Ruger .243 youth model very accurate gun prob. wont sell it ever...But i am wanting a .308 i have looked at the Savage 111 FCS (i believe correct me if im wrong) and it is nice...Also looked at the Mossberg 100 ATR its just like i want with bipod and scope but i also want a thumb hole stock....So what would u do Savage or Moss? and where can i get a thumb hole for either???

Ghostndawoodz

"A gun is a tool, sir, no better or no worse than any other tool, an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-02-2008, 03:51 PM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

You won't be disappointed with the Savage. Look into Boyd's or Bell and Carlson for replacement stocks. Savage makes some factory varmint models that should already come with thumbhole stocks like the model 12. Not sure about the .308 caliber.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
You won't be disappointed with the Savage. Look into Boyd's or Bell and Carlson for replacement stocks. Savage makes some factory varmint models that should already come with thumbhole stocks like the model 12. Not sure about the .308 caliber.
do u know anything on the mossberg though???

Ghostndawoodz

"A gun is a tool, sir, no better or no worse than any other tool, an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."

Old 11-04-2008, 04:37 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostndawoodz View Post
do u know anything on the mossberg though???
I've seen both in the local sporting goods ad, and wondered how they both were as well.