Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > rguns is pissing me off

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 06:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default rguns is pissing me off

i ordered an upper assembly on feb16 the website said 4 weeks it has now been 8 weeks tryed to contact them by phone no one answered tryed to contact them by email 4 times and surprise no response this isnt good customer service the web site said they have it in stock and it isnt a supply problem so wtf all i wsnt to do is change the barrel length at a loss dont know how to get a hold of them and getting really miffed any sugestions would be much appreciated if i cancle the order every body i contacted said 10 to 12 month lead time :

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #2

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTurf
Wraith1516, I mean no offense by this but you really should try to use proper grammar and punctuation when writing a statement. Your post was unnecessarily difficult to read and understand because you ran your sentences together without a break. You should begin each sentence with a capital letter and end it with a period or question mark. Many people will not take the time to read a statement that is rambling. You would do yourself a big favor by punctuating your writing.
It's funny because its true.....

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2560 Times on 1282 Posts
Likes Given: 243

AR stuff is still scarce. I'm still waiting on some lowers I ordered the Monday after Sandy Hook.
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman
People Like This 
Old 04-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #4

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

The punctuation stuff is funny.

R-Guns. They produced a bad "advanced" product once I had bought. I marked them in a secret spot, as I always do returns, and sent most back for review and replacement. They sent the same exact ones back and said they were replacements. I explained they were caught in a lie, still had exactly the same multiple problems, and returned them again.

After many weeks I called to find out where my order was -- they dug out my returns. I could hear them manhandling them, but at least they ultimately replaced most the second time and they all seemed to work then, for the most part...

By the way, did you know "AR magazines are not supposed to drop out freely"?

Last edited by HockaLouis; 04-15-2013 at 03:50 PM.
johnr1943 Likes This 
Old 04-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraith1516 View Post
i ordered an upper assembly on feb16 the website said 4 weeks it has now been 8 weeks tryed to contact them by phone no one answered tryed to contact them by email 4 times and surprise no response this isnt good customer service the web site said they have it in stock and it isnt a supply problem so wtf all i wsnt to do is change the barrel length at a loss dont know how to get a hold of them and getting really miffed any sugestions would be much appreciated if i cancle the order every body i contacted said 10 to 12 month lead time :
Wouldn't it be nice to be able to have recall votes on elected officials for crummy "citizen service"?

As to your post, I waited - but finally received - something I ordered 3 1/2 months ago. They however had shutdown their email and their phone was busy the many, many times I called so I couldn't cancel the order. I feel your pain!

Old 04-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 891 Times on 405 Posts
Likes Given: 70

If you order from Rguns you should be prepared to wait and wait and wait some more. Your order will be filled but nowhere near the time frame that their site claims. My first order from them took 8-10 weeks. In my estimation the ones who call them 50 times and email on a daily basis get their order delayed further by pissing them off. I SM IN ABSOLUTELY NO WAY defending their customer service or lack there of, but as a small business owner the customers who treat you well get taken care of the quickest. I take care of all of my customers, but I have some that call and/or email every 5 minutes. That does not speed things up. More than likely its gonna get another order bumped up in front of yours.

So the long and the short of it.... Be patient or don't place the order in the first place. Not all vendors are as quick as AIM, Bravo Company or Palmetto State.

I guarantee you that they could care less if you cancel your order. Some one else will happily take your place in line.

Rguns customer service and communication skills do suck, but the parts I have received from them have been quality and have given me zero problems.

......patience my friend!

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Old 04-15-2013, 11:36 PM   #7

Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 19

I cannot see the comment I posted earlier. If it was removed I cannot understand why because I did not say anything that I think was in any way offensive. As far as punctuation, if someone is reading one's comments in a forum like this and they do not know the author personally, all they have is their written words to evaluate them with. I am being careful to not use the word "judge". I think it would behoove someone to make an effort to make their writing readable so it can be the most effective.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:17 AM   #8

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Hey wraith don't worry I read your post just fine I write with no punctuation also and I don't see the issue also Idk about rguns but I ordered a mag for my mp5 from personal choice outfitters and they will not answer calls emails but it was 25 bucks so ill just charge that to the game I guess. Inmost think they are just saying they are in stock and back ordering and hope to ship with in a normal amount of time.

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 04-16-2013, 01:39 AM   #9

Liked 135 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Gearhead, that's just as tough. Let me try...

I have bought from R-Guns and though I do not overly trust them on those transactions myself I will say that if you are buying the same kind of stuff commodities everyone else does or could sell at a good price then I think you are going to be just fine eventually I would not buy anything they attach their name to however meaning R-Guns "branded" production

Old 04-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #10

its not so much the wait that is pissing me off. it is the fact i cant get in contact with them to change some componets on the order , like barrel length and no flutes.