Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Revolver Rifle (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/revolver-rifle-90911/)

clr8ter 05-19-2013 12:29 PM

Revolver Rifle

Does anyone have any opinions or comments on the revolver rifles? (Like the Rossi Circuit Judge) Any other companies that make a gun like this, maybe in 38/357? A search on Bud's only comes up with the one from Rossi, but it seems to me someone else makes them. Beretta comes to mind, but I think theirs is a BP gun, which I'm not interested in.......

mountainman13 05-19-2013 12:33 PM

The Rossi is OK but costs a bit more than I would be willing to spend on it. The synthetic stock version has a ridiculously short length of pull (child sized stock).
Haven't had a chance to shoot one or look into reviews on them.

clr8ter 05-19-2013 12:42 PM

Yeah, the Rossi also doesn't come in any calibers I'm interested in. Can't afford the 44MAG. Also, it would be nice to maybe loose the rail, and stick with open sights......

ScottA 05-19-2013 12:51 PM

If you want something different for the novelty factor, go for it. But there is a reason why these designs disappeared long ago. There are better designs out there.

clr8ter 05-19-2013 01:06 PM

I don't know why I think this is cool. But I do. But I'm beginning to think judging from your response that it's an oddity more than anything. Like that tactical lever action by Mossberg.....

ScottA 05-19-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clr8ter (Post 1251377)
I don't know why I think this is cool. But I do. But I'm beginning to think judging from your response that it's an oddity more than anything. Like that tactical lever action by Mossberg.....

I'd say it's far better looking than the tactical lever action rifle.

Seven 05-19-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottA (Post 1251367)
There are better designs out there.

Agreed.

I kicked around the idea of a .38/.357 rifle as a 'mate' to a revolver for an EOTWAWKI pair.
I'd much rather spend the money for a Henry or a Marlin.

apwvsd40ve 05-20-2013 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clr8ter (Post 1251377)

Here are my thoughts on firearms, in general. If you are collecting, there is not one that you should change your mind on. I love new firearms that have an old feel. Traditional muzzleloaders, circuit judge, SA revolvers...all of them. Several on my wish list fit this genre....and the circuit judge is definitely on my list....I say go for it..if just for cool factor!

clr8ter 05-20-2013 10:30 PM

It's not just the cool factor, I don't know what it is.....But, like I said, it doesn't come in a caliber I'm interested in....hence I was asking if anybody else made anything similar......

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, (I don't think I am), it is NOT legal to put a stock on a revolver that didn't come with one.

mountainman13 05-20-2013 10:36 PM

You would have a barrel length issue.