Revolver rifle

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Revolver rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 07:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Revolver rifle

I was thinking about picking up one of the Rossi/Taurus .410/.45 with the 3 inch chamber
Does anyone else have one I watched some vids on you tube and saw some misfires
Just wondering how people found the rifle if it quality or not was also thinking about picking up a
Ranch hand also a Rossi in the .45 please let me know what you think

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-08-2013, 12:59 AM   #2

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

The gas jetting debris out of the cylinder into one's arms has been an issue for 150 years. The Sharpshooters mutinied during the US Civil War having been issued Colt Revolving Muskets.

Cool. POS.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:02 AM   #3

Liked 2006 Times on 1106 Posts
Likes Given: 1342

I saw someone shooting one at the range a couple weeks ago. Didn't seem very accurate. Maybe he just sucked though.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:49 AM   #4

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

I don't personally know anyone who owns one but it its definitely on my list for the collection. Just looks like fun.... haha sorry I am not more help...but at the price point (especially synthetic model)....I am not sure you can go wrong.

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 05-08-2013, 02:52 AM   #5

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

They look cool but I've not shot one or seen one shot to decide weather or not they are worth the trouble.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-08-2013, 03:39 AM   #6

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
The gas jetting debris out of the cylinder into one's arms has been an issue for 150 years. The Sharpshooters mutinied during the US Civil War having been issued Colt Revolving Muskets.

Cool. POS.
Yes, I fired a friends while wearing a short sleeve shirt, my arm was bleeding after five .410 PDX rounds and five .45LC rounds. I had a hard time with the short LOP, the gun may be accurate but not for me.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

towboater Likes This 
Old 05-09-2013, 11:13 PM   #7

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Some time back, I saw on a gun forum where a gunsmith can rig a blast shield to deflect the burning gasses on a revolver rifle. On an original Colt rifle, something like that would certainly influence the value.

In the John Wayne classic film "El Dorado," Arthur Hunnicutt played the role of "Bull" an old Indian Fighter, who used a Colt Model 1855 Carbine (revolver). It didn't appear to be altered, but they did use blanks in the movie, and it looks like "Bull" was holding his support arm at an odd angle which may have been to avoid the escaping gasses.
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/El_Dorado

For a really good time, check out the Internet Movie Firearm Data Base, http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Main_Page

Warning, this site can become habit forming.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved