Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Reminton Model 770 Scope included (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/reminton-model-770-scope-included-56032/)

tjacobson 01-22-2012 11:51 AM

Reminton Model 770 Scope included

"Please forgive the title" my finger hit send before I was done (on my iPhone) please see title as REMINGTON MODEL 770

Purchased a Model 770 with scope. 270 cal. The action sticks and is slow, the clip is very hard to put in. It does feel good at the shoulder but needs work. Has anyone experianced this as well and can we fix them (the action on the bolt)...?

tjacobson 01-22-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjacobson
Purchased a M

I purchased one for my son at Gander Mountain. I'm not to happy with the action. The gun feels good but the clip is hard to get in and the bolt action is very loose and catches. Has anyone had any experiance with this and can they be fixed.

Txhillbilly 01-23-2012 01:13 AM

The 770 has always been,and will always be a turd.
The only way to fix it,is to get rid of it. Sorry!

tjacobson 01-23-2012 01:49 AM

That sucks. I like the style of the stock and the feel of the gun but, I have to admit I had about 10 minutes to get him a rifle before they closed for opening morning ... I guess I'll take her to the gun show next weekend.

Txhillbilly 01-23-2012 02:14 AM

If you haven't shot the gun,I'd take it back and see if you could trade it for something else.There are many other brands/models of rifles that will serve you well,but the 770 has always been plagued with problems and poor quality.

Just Google-Remington 770 Problems,and you'll see what I'm talking about.

pfev1980 01-23-2012 02:22 AM

The mag on my 700 is tough to get out as well. With mine you have to push it in a little before pressing the mag release. I've never had the pleasure of shooting at six deer at once, and i only have one mag anyway, so a minor inconvenience at worst. Good news is, it will shoot what I point it at and it's comfy in the shoulder.

tjacobson 01-27-2012 03:45 AM

Thanks for the confirmation. Maybe I can fit another rifle in the stock? In Input on that one?

kryptar19 01-27-2012 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjacobson
Thanks for the confirmation. Maybe I can fit another rifle in the stock? In Input on that one?

If all you are gonna do is hunt with it keep it. I have some friends with this rifle and have worked on a few. Not much to do about the sticky action, but it is an ok rifle for hunting out to 500 yards.

Axxe55 01-27-2012 06:29 AM

the 770 is a turd as hillbilly put it and IMO, that is being generous. i owned one a few years ago, bought it thinking it was a less expensive version of the M700, boy was i wrong! nothing at all like the 700 or anything in common. there are few firearms that i can say have ever displeased me as much as that one did. i even lost money on selling it, but was glad to be rid of it. there isn't much that can be done about it's defects, other than sell it or live with it. buy the Marlin X7 series, or the Savage Axis series, much better, way more accurate, and built much better and at about the same price or cheaper than the M770.

Marlinman 01-27-2012 06:56 AM

I can fix one and make it "right" but itll cost you s&h and about $200. If you like the way it fits then try a tikka t3. Same design just alot better made...also t3 is made by berretta. Marlins are the bomb as axxe said

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did