Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Remington's new......FUBAR (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/remingtons-new-fubar-81325/)

Marlinman 01-14-2013 08:26 PM

They are calling this new rifle all original.....just lookin at the pics of it in outdoor life I can tell you it isn't. It has the marlin sling slots, the marlin barrel nut, and marlin bolt w just a few aesthetical differences. The trigger also looks like the pro-fire Marlin trigger. 770 magazine and reciever it looks like. Supposed to fill the gap between the 770 and 700 sps. I having my business partner order one. I don't care if its 30/06, 308, 270, or 7 mm mag-its four calibers. Id prefer any of em over the 06 but that's a personal thing. Id take an 06 if that's what they send.

Marlinman 01-14-2013 08:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlinman (Post 1093551)
They are calling this new rifle all original.....just lookin at the pics of it in outdoor life I can tell you it isn't. It has the marlin sling slots, the marlin barrel nut, and marlin bolt w just a few aesthetical differences. The trigger also looks like the pro-fire Marlin trigger. 770 magazine and reciever it looks like. Supposed to fill the gap between the 770 and 700 sps. I having my business partner order one. I don't care if its 30/06, 308, 270, or 7 mm mag-its four calibers. Id prefer any of em over the 06 but that's a personal thing. Id take an 06 if that's what they send.



Attachment 79711

Damn pic didn't attach. That's straight out of OL magazine

bigdaddy573 01-14-2013 09:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here this one is a little clearer

Attachment 79712

crazycharlie2 01-14-2013 09:28 PM

I don't understand your post.
FUBAR= F@$#%* Beyond All Recognition
Having your business partner order one?
You'll take one even if it's 30-06?
What am I missing here?
Do you like it or not?:confused:

jpattersonnh 01-14-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycharlie2 (Post 1093618)
I don't understand your post.
FUBAR= F@$#%* Beyond All Recognition
Having your business partner order one?
You'll take one even if it's 30-06?
What am I missing here?
Do you like it or not?:confused:

I don't think he's impressed!!;)

trip286 01-14-2013 09:39 PM

I think, knowing Marlin as I do, that he's mostly just pissed that it seems they're touting a rifle as "all new" when it really just appears to be a mutt of existing equipment.

Marlinman 01-14-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycharlie2 (Post 1093618)
I don't understand your post.
FUBAR= F@$#%* Beyond All Recognition
Having your business partner order one?
You'll take one even if it's 30-06?
What am I missing here?
Do you like it or not?:confused:

FUBAR as in two totally different companies are roled into one rifle. Right now I'm not impressed but I'm gonna torture the hell out of one. The reason I don't want 06 is cuz I have ALOT more reloads for the other 3 amd I know there ballistics/trajectory alot better than 06. I have a half ownership in a FFL/gunsmithing shop. I don't have Remington's order line # w me nor my credit card thrpugh the shop so he's ordering it......plus me and the Remington rep got into it last time I saw him.

Marlinman 01-14-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 1093638)
I think, knowing Marlin as I do, that he's mostly just pissed that it seems they're touting a rifle as "all new" when it really just appears to be a mutt of existing equipment.

Exactly. That and Remington is makin all these people think they are right in sayin Marlins are made by Remington since the buy out a couple years ago.

JonM 01-14-2013 09:47 PM

looks like a response in the low budget line that ruger has been trying to dominate with the "all american" line

Marlinman 01-14-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 1093652)
looks like a response in the low budget line that ruger has been trying to dominate with the "all american" line

They are also trying to up their reputation after the 770 fiasco/fubar from hell


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:43 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.