Remington770
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Remington770

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 03:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Remington770

The remington 770 is junk. Save you money and buy a 700 . At my place of work we send them back for repairs all the time for problem with the bolts in them. They will lock up on you when you fire them and you will break the handles on them trying to open it. And the bolts will fall out when open them. A guy I know had the bolt come out when he fired gun and went in his arm. I wish we did not sell them.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-12-2012, 03:55 AM   #2

No offense even if the gun is cheap and not accurate in some peoples opinion. And yes, I've heard all the arguments there are many intelligent people on this forum who regard it as very cheap. Yet at the range this weekend I shot 12 rounds with decent groups at 275 and 6 at 300 I challenge your statement and say There is no way a locked three 1/2 inch stud bolt is going fly off or out of a Remington 770 that's misleading and a little disengeous.. The way the bolt is designed when locked and the handle completely at stop at rest on the action there is no possible way that can happen.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #3

I agree that the Rem 770 is a pretty cheap gun, I have one in 300 win mag. The bolt removal level fell down in side the stock. I had to use a knife to pry it out. The scope that came with the gun couldn't handle the recoil and the cross hairs fell apart while I was firing it. For some one on a budget it might be a option, but I'll never buy on again

Old 01-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #4

Likes Given: 1

I am a HUGE remington fan, but I wouldn't touch one of these myself. There are other "cheaper" guns out there that are far more reliable. Even as a die hard remington fan, I would buy something else if I was looking in this price range.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I am a big remington fan too. All the guns I have are remington for the most part. I love the model 700.

Newest Threads