Remington Lever Action Rifles

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Remington Lever Action Rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 10:21 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Remington Lever Action Rifles

My dad recently showed me a couple of Remington Lever Action Rifles that he had acquired. One was a .35 cal and the other was a .30-30 cal. I had never heard of any lever action rifles made by Remington in these calibers. Each rifle had a button on the closed action bolt that needed to be depressed in order to cock open the action with the lever. Anyone know of these rifles. Sorry I have no pictures. Have tried to look them up online with no success. I am wondering when they were made, how anyone likes them, etc. They are both pretty cool looking rifles. They look like a matched set. Should have paid more attention to model numbers when I visited.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-26-2010, 02:12 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8842 Times on 3828 Posts
Likes Given: 1368

OK- now you have ME puzzled! Other than the Remington Mdl 76, I can't find ANY lever action rifle in my Remington history books- and they are not listed on the Remington website. Sure that was not the caliber you saw- as in the name of the cartridge is .35 Remington??? There WAS a model number set aside for a lever action "to be built", but the company went bankrupt in the 1880s, and that stopped.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:55 PM   #3

C3shooter you may be right about me seeing the caliber on those rifles. It didn't occur to me to look closer for any other company name on them. My dad said they were Remington rifles and I assumed that they were. Now you have me wondering whether they had any other info on them. I'll check with my dad to see what he can learn about these rifles. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Will let you know what we find out.

Old 06-26-2010, 05:07 PM   #4

Just sent an email to my dad. He lives out of state. When he get another look at his rifles perhaps we'll know more about what he has. Will keep you posted C3Shooter.

Old 06-26-2010, 05:39 PM   #5

Could not wait for dad to reply so I called him. Now Whip Lash is embarrassed big time. They say the mind is one of the first thing to go and here is proof of that. Turns out the rifles I saw were not lever actions at all. I really like lever action rifles and in my mind's eye those pump action Remington rifles morphed into lever actions. Imagine that. They are .35 cal and .30 cal Remington pump action rifles with a spiral bolt. Still they are very nice. Sorry if I caused anyone (C3Shooter for one) any wasted time looking up not existent guns. Now I shall be silenced for a while until my embarrassment fades.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:27 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8842 Times on 3828 Posts
Likes Given: 1368

No need for embarassment, and no waste of time on my part- while doing some digging, I usually run across something I had overlooked that I will use at some future time. And it is a good excuse to flip back thru some references. The kids know on birthdays and Father's Day- no aftershave, no ties- gun books.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.