Remington GameMaster 760 - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

Remington GameMaster 760

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 02:11 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I came to that number just looking at classified ads and gunbroker auctions. The gunbroker auctions have been ending in the $400-$700 range for the same one, the highest typically having some crap scope mounted on them. This one is a good example: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=329569055
8 days left and already at $500.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:56 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 229 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 450

I like the pumps it's what I have used since high school. They are quite popular here in Northern WI, many people make deer drives or still hunt walking the big woods, this is a good gun for that purpose. It looks like its in good shape, I don't know what a new 7600 is going for now but 600 seems a little high for my area, I don't know if there is any upside to the model 760 over the newer 7600 other than the nicer wood it has. I would like to get a BDL model myself but you don't see too many of those

Old 02-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #23

Liked 2057 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 392

just saw 5 of them at the LGS last night - ranged from $350 to $600, depending on condition and also they all had some form of optics on them

Old 02-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #24

I guess the one thing about this one I would say I prefer, is it's an older model, I believe I dated it to 1971. Seems to me that all the older models of just about any firearm were built to higher standards, and maintain better values given that. I know I'd take one of my dads old 70's Remington rifles in the woods with me long before anything new. Now that's just my take, but I see more of the stuff from the mid 1900's that is still out there functioning like a champ, whereas some of the stuff produced in the 80's and 90's seemed like just typical "build it cheaper sell it for more $$" that didn't last. I never see much of anything that came out of the 80's, firearms to cars. Everything from that decade seemed to be crap. There are exceptions, but generally that seems to run true.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:36 PM   #25

Liked 61 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
I guess the one thing about this one I would say I prefer, is it's an older model, I believe I dated it to 1971. Seems to me that all the older models of just about any firearm were built to higher standards, and maintain better values given that. I know I'd take one of my dads old 70's Remington rifles in the woods with me long before anything new. Now that's just my take, but I see more of the stuff from the mid 1900's that is still out there functioning like a champ, whereas some of the stuff produced in the 80's and 90's seemed like just typical "build it cheaper sell it for more $$" that didn't last. I never see much of anything that came out of the 80's, firearms to cars. Everything from that decade seemed to be crap. There are exceptions, but generally that seems to run true.
I would agree in most cases that the older stuff was generally more robust and easier to maintain but if the newer products are properly maintained they are far superior. That being said, you need a degree in mechanical, electrical and electronic engineering or metalergy to do the proper maintainance, It's a trade off. Also numbers out the door are the primary concern where as quality used to be. It seems people are being paid outrageous wages to watch a robot do the work they themselves used to do, or it is cheaper to ship raw materials to a third world country and ship a finished product back than it is to pay the rediculous union driven wage our so called "technicians" demand. Truth is corruption and greed has ruined our capitalistic way of life and our economy while our lazy youth all want positions and not jobs.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Last edited by dteed4094; 02-21-2013 at 01:25 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 02-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dteed4094 View Post
I would agree in most cases that the older stuff was generally more robust and easier to maintain but if the newer products are properly maintained they are far superior. That being said, you need a degree in mechanical, electrical and electronic engineering or metalergy to do the proper maintainance, It's a trade off. Also numbers out the door are the primary concern where as quality used to be. It seems people are being paid outrageous wages to watch a robot do the work they themselves used to do, or it is cheaper to ship raw materials to a third world country and ship a finished product back than it is to pay the rediculous union driven wage our so called "technicians" demand. Truth is corruption and greed has ruined our capatalistic way of life and our economy while our lazy youth all want positions and not jobs.
I couldn't agree more. Unions have caused the downfall of just about every single major US manufacturing powerhouse that ever existed, from Carnegie steel to US automakers, and most recently the beloved twinkee. If it was up to me, I'd do exactly what President Reagan did, fire them all and replace them with people who want to work.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:47 PM   #27

Well I sold it today, nice old guy looking for a rifle. (on a side note, he was from PA and we discussed the rule there outlawing SA's for hunting) He had a few questions I didn't really have the answer to, like what scopes will mount directly to that factory rail mount. But I think he got a dam good rifle out of the deal. $500 and it was his.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #28

Liked 229 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 450

I didn't know they had a factory rail mount, mine didn't come with one, I put a Williams peep on it.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:32 AM   #29

Well you know, I assumed it was factory. I really don't know if it was or not.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #30

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I live in the wide open country and purchased a used but like new Rem pump 270 Win rifle. Most all of my rifles are bolt action but the asking price was low and I talked the seller down some at $ 275. The trigger pull must have ben around 6 0r 7 pounds so I had a gunsmith tune it down to around 3 pounds. Using Hornady 130 Gr bullets , H4831 powder, in Rem cases, Fed primers that 270 rifle shot 1 1/4 inch five shot 100 Yd groups off a bench rest. That rifle was plenty accurate for hunting pronghorn and mule deer in the wide open country with the 2-7 X scope on it. But I gave the rifle to my son who hunts deer in the Georgia woods because I dont need a fast shooting rifle. I would get an other Rem pump rifle if the price was right.