Remington 783, the budget tack driver??
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

Remington 783, the budget tack driver??


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bige91603's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 842
Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Default Remington 783, the budget tack driver??

Recently I have been researching the Remington 783 and have found little out there from the average guys perspective. Since it has been on the market for a while now and more aftermarket products are slowly leaking out, I feel that it is time for someone to do a decent review

With my looming 7 weeks of free time drawing closer I have decided to pick one and give it a whirl if I get a decent interest from you all.

+1 if you would be interested. Thanks Everyone!
bige91603 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 11-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 126
Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts

Default

+1
I have one in 30-06 and it does great for me. But it's also the only large caliber rifle I have shot. So I like to hear other opinions.
foot2400 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:09 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tomgodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: VineGrove,Kentucky
Posts: 1,241
Liked 380 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default

+1. .308 would be a great caliber to do it in aswell.
__________________
NEVER TAKE A SLEEPING PILL AND A LAXATIVE IN THE SAME NIGHT
tomgodd is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:21 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bige91603's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 842
Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Default

I picked one up two days ago in 7mm rem mag. Excited to get the scope mounted and sited in. I'll give it a good couple weeks of handling, shooting and cleaning the thing before I report back.

Hopefully we get more members to +1
bige91603 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Great North Woods
Posts: 2,565
Liked 2056 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Default

+1 in .270 Winchester here. Also, I posted quite a bit about my range experience here:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/remington-783-day-1-range-report-95766/

This is a dandy good medium to large game hunting rifle. My son has been using it this season and the only problem is, he has not seen deer. I really like the simplicity and durability. This could become the Remington 870 of hunting rifles I believe
chloeshooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bige91603's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 842
Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
+1 in .270 Winchester here. Also, I posted quite a bit about my range experience here:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/remington-783-day-1-range-report-95766/

This is a dandy good medium to large game hunting rifle. My son has been using it this season and the only problem is, he has not seen deer. I really like the simplicity and durability. This could become the Remington 870 of hunting rifles I believe
From everything I've researched and from shooters who own one already like yourself I've seen nothing but great feedback.
I picked one up a few days ago for $320 in 7mm and also grabbed a Brunton echo 3-9x40 scope to add. So for right around $400 I have a good hunting rifle.

In the coming few weeks I will take it out and sight it. I'm going to mount the rings and scope at work so I can bore sight it
bige91603 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Great North Woods
Posts: 2,565
Liked 2056 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bige91603 View Post
From everything I've researched and from shooters who own one already like yourself I've seen nothing but great feedback.
I picked one up a few days ago for $320 in 7mm and also grabbed a Brunton echo 3-9x40 scope to add. So for right around $400 I have a good hunting rifle.

In the coming few weeks I will take it out and sight it. I'm going to mount the rings and scope at work so I can bore sight it
be sure to let us know how you like it. Still waiting for the first deer kill with this one, but that's up to my 21 year old lol
chloeshooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bige91603's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 842
Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post

be sure to let us know how you like it. Still waiting for the first deer kill with this one, but that's up to my 21 year old lol
I'll do a thorough but briefish review for everyone. Whitetail rifle opens dec 2nd here so I'll be taking the 783, hopefully I get one early
bige91603 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:55 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Great North Woods
Posts: 2,565
Liked 2056 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bige91603
I'll do a thorough but briefish review for everyone. Whitetail rifle opens dec 2nd here so I'll be taking the 783, hopefully I get one early
It will hit what you aim at I'm sure of that
chloeshooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
What Was Tack Doing This Weekend? Vikingdad Politics, Religion and Controversy 6 10-17-2013 09:15 AM
Tack Driver Billy9mm Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 8 12-24-2011 03:29 PM
22 "tack driver"? boatman .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 35 10-28-2011 07:21 AM
+1 MO Sherrif, 0 MO Driver falseharmonix The Club House 26 09-29-2011 07:34 PM
Tack Light collier281 Firearm Accessories & Gear 0 02-20-2010 04:12 PM



Newest Threads