Remington 770. Vs savage arms axis. - Page 18
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Remington 770. Vs savage arms axis.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #171
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kaido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 1,760
Liked 358 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater
Only similarity I see is the black stock.
If you look at the forend as well as the grip they both have a very similar design. Both have what looks like a moulded grip for your fingers on the grip. The forends also have vertical lines running the length of it.
kaido is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #172
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 0
Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sniper View Post
I really liked the trigger on the American that I looked at yesterday, not so sure about the trigger on the marlin. I have only ever handled one.
the trigger on the Marlins is adjustable down to a little under 3 pounds. my XS7VH in 308 after a little work on it, is down to just over 2 pounds. the Marlins have great triggers. in comparison, very close to the older Remington M700's.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #173
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Zamzow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 478
Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater
Only similarity I see is the black stock.
Yes the stock is what I was referring to. I should have specified. My bad.
Zamzow is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:07 AM   #174
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 820
Liked 157 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

the trigger on the Marlins is adjustable down to a little under 3 pounds. my XS7VH in 308 after a little work on it, is down to just over 2 pounds. the Marlins have great triggers. in comparison, very close to the older Remington M700's.
I want to hold a few more before I make any decisions.
95sniper is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:17 AM   #175
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 0
Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sniper View Post
I want to hold a few more before I make any decisions.
i understand. when i bought my first Marlin X7, an XL7C in 25-06, i was sceptical at how an inexpensive rifle could be so well made, so accurate and wwith all the features it had. i was comparing it to the M770 i had owned and after shooting it and witnessing it's accuracy firsthand, i was sold on the Marlin X7's. they are impressive. since that first one, i added an XS7 in 7mm-08 and ordered a XS7VH in 308. none of them has disappointed me yet. the more i shoot the ones i have, the more i want a few more! i really want a XS7VH in 223 and a XS7S in 243 to add to the collection.

i wish i could let you shoot the ones i have. it would make a believer out of you. so far, all those who own and shoot them are happy with them and those who have bought them because of my recommendations have not been disappointed int their choices. now i would like to see some new calibers in the X7 come out. like the 7mm Rem. Mag., the 300 Win. Mag., the 220 Swift and maybe some others.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:50 AM   #176
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 820
Liked 157 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

i understand. when i bought my first Marlin X7, an XL7C in 25-06, i was sceptical at how an inexpensive rifle could be so well made, so accurate and wwith all the features it had. i was comparing it to the M770 i had owned and after shooting it and witnessing it's accuracy firsthand, i was sold on the Marlin X7's. they are impressive. since that first one, i added an XS7 in 7mm-08 and ordered a XS7VH in 308. none of them has disappointed me yet. the more i shoot the ones i have, the more i want a few more! i really want a XS7VH in 223 and a XS7S in 243 to add to the collection.

i wish i could let you shoot the ones i have. it would make a believer out of you. so far, all those who own and shoot them are happy with them and those who have bought them because of my recommendations have not been disappointed int their choices. now i would like to see some new calibers in the X7 come out. like the 7mm Rem. Mag., the 300 Win. Mag., the 220 Swift and maybe some others.
That would be cool, its going to be the first rifle that I will buy. All the ones I have were handed down to me.
95sniper is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:08 AM   #177
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 0
Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sniper View Post
That would be cool, its going to be the first rifle that I will buy. All the ones I have were handed down to me.
they are an exceptional rifle platform. well made, accurate, stylish and very well priced. lot's of features as well. IMO, one of the best values in a bolt action rifle.

i was skeptical at first with a rifle costing so little. then i shouldered it, and i liked the way it shouldered. once i shot it for the first time, i was hooked on the new Marlins! that was the 25-06. then about a month or so later at the same LGS, they had an XS7 in 7mm-08. i had wanted a rifle in that caliber for many years, but most had always been out of my price range or were hard to come by. so i decided to take another chance. fell in love with the round and the rifle! that one is one of more shot rifles of all i own. accurate, mild recoil and just plain fun to shoot.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:35 AM   #178
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 820
Liked 157 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

they are an exceptional rifle platform. well made, accurate, stylish and very well priced. lot's of features as well. IMO, one of the best values in a bolt action rifle.

i was skeptical at first with a rifle costing so little. then i shouldered it, and i liked the way it shouldered. once i shot it for the first time, i was hooked on the new Marlins! that was the 25-06. then about a month or so later at the same LGS, they had an XS7 in 7mm-08. i had wanted a rifle in that caliber for many years, but most had always been out of my price range or were hard to come by. so i decided to take another chance. fell in love with the round and the rifle! that one is one of more shot rifles of all i own. accurate, mild recoil and just plain fun to shoot.
I have been thinking about the 7mm-08 but I can't decide between that or a 308, or even something like the 260.
95sniper is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:52 AM   #179
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 0
Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sniper View Post
I have been thinking about the 7mm-08 but I can't decide between that or a 308, or even something like the 260.
i really like the 7mm-08. excellent for hunting or target shooting. i have a 308, and have had several over the years. for me it would be a hard choice between the 7mm-08 and the 308, because i like both.

the Marlins come in long and short actions. the long are the XL7's and the short are the XS7's.

they come in stainless steel, blued steel, some have regular black synthetic stocks and some can be had with a camo synthetic stock. the XS7's also come in a youth model with a shorter stock.

they also have the XS7VH with a 26" heavy varmint barrel.

the XS7 comes in 243, 7mm-08 and 308.
the XL7 comes in 25-06, 270 and 30-06.
the XS7VH comes in 22-250, 223 and 308.

designations are as follows. XS7 and XL7 are blued steel and black stocks.

the XS7C and XL7C are blued steel with camo stocks.

the XS7S and XL7S are stainless steel with black stocks.

the XS7Y is the youth models with blued steel and black stocks.

the XS7VH is the 26" heavy barreled Varmint Hunter.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:30 AM   #180
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 820
Liked 157 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

i really like the 7mm-08. excellent for hunting or target shooting. i have a 308, and have had several over the years. for me it would be a hard choice between the 7mm-08 and the 308, because i like both.

the Marlins come in long and short actions. the long are the XL7's and the short are the XS7's.

they come in stainless steel, blued steel, some have regular black synthetic stocks and some can be had with a camo synthetic stock. the XS7's also come in a youth model with a shorter stock.

they also have the XS7VH with a 26" heavy varmint barrel.

the XS7 comes in 243, 7mm-08 and 308.
the XL7 comes in 25-06, 270 and 30-06.
the XS7VH comes in 22-250, 223 and 308.

designations are as follows. XS7 and XL7 are blued steel and black stocks.

the XS7C and XL7C are blued steel with camo stocks.

the XS7S and XL7S are stainless steel with black stocks.

the XS7Y is the youth models with blued steel and black stocks.

the XS7VH is the 26" heavy barreled Varmint Hunter.
Wow, that's allot of options, did you say you had the Varmint Hunter?
95sniper is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Savage Axis .223 BlackBeautyF150 General Rifle Discussion 21 08-09-2012 06:43 PM
Savage Axis vs. Remington 770 vs. Ruger American ninjatoth General Rifle Discussion 14 07-26-2012 10:35 PM
Is thete a Difference between the Axis and the Axis XP by Savage? DerHund15 General Rifle Discussion 3 12-02-2011 07:33 PM
A new Savage Axis for me!! SoupNazi General Rifle Discussion 12 09-23-2011 01:32 PM



Newest Threads