Remington 770. Vs savage arms axis. - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Remington 770. Vs savage arms axis.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 02:33 AM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sniper

And as usually, I agree with axe. The Remington might be decent but there is better.
I own Remington products also. But when it came to the choice of the M770 and the axis I went with the axis. It seems to have more put into it for the dollar. I finally got it and am very happy with it so far. I am going to the range to put some rounds through it tomorrow. I will report back later. I agree with everything u said by the way. Thank u everybody for all your input. This forum is the best and all of u guys have great info. Thanks again.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:45 AM   #112
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamzow View Post

I own Remington products also. But when it came to the choice of the M770 and the axis I went with the axis. It seems to have more put into it for the dollar. I finally got it and am very happy with it so far. I am going to the range to put some rounds through it tomorrow. I will report back later. I agree with everything u said by the way. Thank u everybody for all your input. This forum is the best and all of u guys have great info. Thanks again.
Glad you finally got your rifle, can't wait to here your range report.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:52 AM   #113
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21267 Times on 12076 Posts
Likes Given: 53062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamzow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sniper View Post
Glad you finally got your rifle, can't wait to here your range report.
i second that! range report! glad you found something you liked. enjoy it.

my only gripe about the Savage Axis was the way it shoulderd to me. it felt a little delicate and more like a youth gun. but i have shot a few and found them to be accurate and well made rifles. so for me, it's more of a mtter of ergonomics and personal preference. i also feel you will be ten times more satisfied with the Axis over the M770 for sure.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:48 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

i second that! range report! glad you found something you liked. enjoy it.

my only gripe about the Savage Axis was the way it shoulderd to me. it felt a little delicate and more like a youth gun. but i have shot a few and found them to be accurate and well made rifles. so for me, it's more of a mtter of ergonomics and personal preference. i also feel you will be ten times more satisfied with the Axis over the M770 for sure.
I feel the same way with the shouldering. I just have to adjust it then I find the sweet spot that it fits great. I hear u on that point though.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #115

Liked 185 Times on 147 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamzow

Pics pics pics pics!!!!

Marlin Model 60
Mossberg Maverick 88-12 GA
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Smith And Wesson M&P 15-22
Mossberg ATR 100 "Night Train"-.308
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2

Old 03-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #116

Liked 22 Times on 18 Posts

I would have went with the axis the same as you. The plastic stock is a little flimsy but you can look up videos online to fix that. Such as imbedding aluminium rod in the forend. I also suggest bedding it at some point. Love my axis in .308. I'm not the best shooter but a 5shot 2.5in group at 100yards with the cheap glass will put food on the table.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:10 AM   #117

Liked 183 Times on 143 Posts
Likes Given: 89

While I am not the biggest fan of the Axis (I like my Accutriggers) the 770 is trash, no contest there, now if you put the Axis against the Ruger American that is a contest there. Saw the Rugers on sale for $329 today and was fighting the urge to get it, one of these days I am going to give in just to see how it stacks up to my Savages.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:31 AM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex-Predator
While I am not the biggest fan of the Axis (I like my Accutriggers) the 770 is trash, no contest there, now if you put the Axis against the Ruger American that is a contest there. Saw the Rugers on sale for $329 today and was fighting the urge to get it, one of these days I am going to give in just to see how it stacks up to my Savages.
I'm curious to see as well. I have heard great things between the two.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:56 AM   #119

Liked 183 Times on 143 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I have owned six Savages, they have all been shooters, my current two are a 30-06 and a 270 WSM both capable of sub 1/2" groups at 100, the 270 being the tighter of the two, the Ruger is going to have to be really good to hang in that bunch, but everything I have heard thus far is really good so I am itching to see. If they would chamber the American in 6.5 Creedmore I would have to give in, and if they made one in Stainless I would be drooling.

Old 03-30-2013, 04:05 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex-Predator
I have owned six Savages, they have all been shooters, my current two are a 30-06 and a 270 WSM both capable of sub 1/2" groups at 100, the 270 being the tighter of the two, the Ruger is going to have to be really good to hang in that bunch, but everything I have heard thus far is really good so I am itching to see. If they would chamber the American in 6.5 Creedmore I would have to give in, and if they made one in Stainless I would be drooling.
Yeah the stainless is sexy that's for sure but the extra 100 bucks to me isn't worth it. I'd rather be harder to c with a gun so black is my thing.