Remington 770 vs. remington 783 - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Remington 770 vs. remington 783

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2013, 06:20 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I bought my Remington 770 with a scope for 300 dollars...for a 300 dollar gun with a scope it's great...but it is a 300 dollar gun...is it the best shooter in the world well of course not but to me it is well worth the 300 I paid for it...I have never met anyone who paid 300 for a new gun and expected it to shoot 500 yards with expert accuracy...I can group less than 2" at 300 yards with a pos scope that came with the gun and I'm perfectly happy with that...if I need better accuracy than that I will spend way more than 300 for it...the 770 is a decent little hunting rifle for the price...

Old 07-13-2013, 06:30 AM   #32
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21989 Times on 12399 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by always_lousy View Post
I bought my Remington 770 with a scope for 300 dollars...for a 300 dollar gun with a scope it's great...but it is a 300 dollar gun...is it the best shooter in the world well of course not but to me it is well worth the 300 I paid for it...I have never met anyone who paid 300 for a new gun and expected it to shoot 500 yards with expert accuracy...I can group less than 2" at 300 yards with a pos scope that came with the gun and I'm perfectly happy with that...if I need better accuracy than that I will spend way more than 300 for it...the 770 is a decent little hunting rifle for the price...
rather obvious you have never looked into the Savage Axis' or the Marlin X7's. priced not much more than the M770, but ten times better built and way more accurate. before you start saying i don't know what i'm talking about, actually i do. i have owned a M770, in 30-06, and have shot several others in various calibers. nothing about a M770 is impressive to me. and i also happen to own several Remington M700's in various calibers, so it's no slam on Remington, other than the crappy M770. in the price range of the m770, there are much better choices to be had. IMO, Remington dropped the ball big time with the m770.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:07 AM   #33

How many of those guns could u get with a scope for less than 300 dollars? Like I said it is not a great gun by any means but it's a good 300 dollar gun....I have out well over a hundred rounds through mine with no issues what so ever...I group around 2" at 300 yards with factory scope...with a better scope I could easily see them grouped much tighter...it's built well enough to easily be a deer rifle for several years...once again a decent rifle not a great one

Old 07-14-2013, 12:51 AM   #34

Quote:
How many of those guns could u get with a scope for less than 300 dollars? Like I said it is not a great gun by any means but it's a good 300 dollar gun....I have out well over a hundred rounds through mine with no issues what so ever...I group around 2" at 300 yards with factory scope...with a better scope I could easily see them grouped much tighter...it's built well enough to easily be a deer rifle for several years...once again a decent rifle not a great one
well enjoy your new rifle. if it works for you and you're happy with it, then so be it. i just have a little higher standards. have nice day.

and i have bought several rifles used with scopes for less than $300. i tend do a lot more research into buying guns than i did in years past. doing the research after the fact was my mistake. finding out afterwards that there was more negative reviews than positive is what i should have done in the first place before buying one and then selling at a loss, to get rid of it.

Last edited by Axxe55; 07-14-2013 at 04:24 AM.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:36 AM   #35

Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by always_lousy
It's not a bad choice for $300 brand new. I took a few down with mine. You won't regret the purchase if its used around 100-200 yards for deer.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:28 AM   #36

You can find just abt any rifle for 300 used if you find someone dumb enough...I was talking abt a new rifle...I choose to use a cheap decent shooting rifle for my woods gun...I can take down anything I want out to 300 yards easily without having to worry about damaging a high dollar gun...I simply gave my opinion that it was a good gun for the price range i apologize if my "standards" aren't as high as yours...not everyone needs a gun up to ur "high standards"...some people need or want a cheaper decent gun...

Old 07-14-2013, 08:59 AM   #37

Quote:
You can find just abt any rifle for 300 used if you find someone dumb enough...I was talking abt a new rifle...I choose to use a cheap decent shooting rifle for my woods gun...I can take down anything I want out to 300 yards easily without having to worry about damaging a high dollar gun...I simply gave my opinion that it was a good gun for the price range i apologize if my "standards" aren't as high as yours...not everyone needs a gun up to ur "high standards"...some people need or want a cheaper decent gun...
hmmmm....dumb enough? seriously? i have found several before used in decent condition in gun stores and pawn shops.

my opinion is that it's not a good gun in any price range and given the price range there are much better rifles to choose from, even decent used rifles, which are still a better choice than the M770. i based that opinion on my own experiances and that of the much more negative publicity and reviews of the M770 vs. any positive reviews of that rifle.

no need to quote my "standards" as i know what mine are and the M770 fails miserably to meet them. yes i do hold my rifles to higher standards, such as being well made and accurate. IMO and experiances, the M770 fails to meet them. and if a rifle of lesser quality and standards meets your needs and budget and you are happy with it's less than steller quality, then i would not want to deprive you of that. but i would be less than honest in saying it was anything but what it is, based on my experiances and my opinions. compared to my Marlin X7's, which do meet my "higher standards" are ten times the rifle the M770 could ever hope to be. even the Mossberg ATR100 is a much better choice as a rifle. the Savage Axis is even much better. all three of these i mentioned are more accurate, and better made and have better features than the M770. and not priced that much higher either. so if a person has a specific budget, then even buying a used rifle of better quality than a new one of lesser quality, i would always give my recommedation at buying used over new. this is information i have gathered from many years of owning, shooting and buying rifles.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #38

Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

hmmmm....dumb enough? seriously? i have found several before used in decent condition in gun stores and pawn shops.

my opinion is that it's not a good gun in any price range and given the price range there are much better rifles to choose from, even decent used rifles, which are still a better choice than the M770. i based that opinion on my own experiances and that of the much more negative publicity and reviews of the M770 vs. any positive reviews of that rifle.

no need to quote my "standards" as i know what mine are and the M770 fails miserably to meet them. yes i do hold my rifles to higher standards, such as being well made and accurate. IMO and experiances, the M770 fails to meet them. and if a rifle of lesser quality and standards meets your needs and budget and you are happy with it's less than steller quality, then i would not want to deprive you of that. but i would be less than honest in saying it was anything but what it is, based on my experiances and my opinions. compared to my Marlin X7's, which do meet my "higher standards" are ten times the rifle the M770 could ever hope to be. even the Mossberg ATR100 is a much better choice as a rifle. the Savage Axis is even much better. all three of these i mentioned are more accurate, and better made and have better features than the M770. and not priced that much higher either. so if a person has a specific budget, then even buying a used rifle of better quality than a new one of lesser quality, i would always give my recommedation at buying used over new. this is information i have gathered from many years of owning, shooting and buying rifles.
And with that said I believe I could shoot better groups with no scope with the $125 atr I just picked up in 06. That dumb rascal can't believe he would give such a deal. Oh well. . .

:rollseyes:

Old 07-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #39

Well I'm glad you are happy with ur higher dollar rifles...if you would actually read what I originally said instead of trying to belittle me and my opinion...u act like I said its the best gun ever made...I said it is not a great gun only a decent one for 300 dollars...if one looks around long enough just about any good rifle can be found used for 300..but how many good ones can be had brand new with a scope for less than that....I agree there are several better rifles that can be bought used that are better....I have several I like much better than the 770 that I purchased used or was handed down to me by my father...while it is not the best made rifle I have by any means I dont understand all the negativity about this one gun...it's like everything else companies have their higher end more expensive products and they have their cheaper more budget friendly models...

Old 07-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #40

Quote:
Well I'm glad you are happy with ur higher dollar rifles...if you would actually read what I originally said instead of trying to belittle me and my opinion...u act like I said its the best gun ever made...I said it is not a great gun only a decent one for 300 dollars...if one looks around long enough just about any good rifle can be found used for 300..but how many good ones can be had brand new with a scope for less than that....I agree there are several better rifles that can be bought used that are better....I have several I like much better than the 770 that I purchased used or was handed down to me by my father...while it is not the best made rifle I have by any means I dont understand all the negativity about this one gun...it's like everything else companies have their higher end more expensive products and they have their cheaper more budget friendly models...
it's readily apparent you can't understand plain English or have any reading comprehension skills. what seems to elude you is the simple fact, that there is no way i would recommend a POS rifle, when there are much better choices. why in the world would i recommend someone buy a new M770 vs. buying a used higher quality rifle? that's just, well, rather stupid.

maybe when you mature enough that maybe you will understand that life is too short to have to deal with crap, especially when you have a choice. if it's perfectly acceptable to you to settle for lesser quality, and you are happy with the M770 than by all means, go and enjoy yourself.

you don't understand the negativity? apparently you seem to again failed to understand plain English. it's CRAP. they are better served as a jack handle, rather than a rifle. again, why would a person buy a new rifle that's crap when they could spend the same amount on a used higher quality rifle? Google M770 and see all the complaints about it and then maybe it will sink into you brain what i'm trying to say. maybe if enough people complain about it, they will drop the rifle.

you're on your 4th post, and all you have said so far is how great it is to buy a new rifle for $300 and it shoots great. well knock yourself out and enjoy it then. most people have come to the conclusion that the rifle is sub-standard and to avoid it like the plague. had i gotten online and did my research like i should have, then i would have never bought it in the first place. maybe one day when you mature enough, maybe you will learn to set your standards a little higher. i surely did as i got older and the older i get, the higher my standards. but i have said enough about this, and either you understand or you don't. doesn't matter to me, one way or the other, but i have wasted enough time trying to explain this to you, and i have better things to discuss than crappy rifles. have nice day.