Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > remington 770

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
and just because you read it on another forum that makes it legal? was it a forum with lawyers who deal with federal and state gun laws?

i guess you believe everything you read on the internet?

Really nice way to add your 2 cents jackwagon

Old 04-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #12

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nateroftheriver View Post

I only looked at this forum because of this post. Lmao! No one comes to these forums for tolls, children, or banter. So I find your comment comical & acceptable. Lol also, most people forget that laws change from state to state. While the 4473 is federally mandated, purchasing the weapon with someone else's card is still an illegal transaction. I'm in Texas, so what I would do is either fill out the form with my info & hand him the gun after purchase as a "gift", or hit the atm for cash maybe you'll have to go by the bank if the amounts you need exceeds your daily withdraw limit.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1818 Times on 1066 Posts
Likes Given: 876

I have been an FFL holder for over 20 years and have sold guns to people who have 'borrowed' money to buy them. What is the difference if you have them financed by a third party????

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 04-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #14

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
I have been an FFL holder for over 20 years and have sold guns to people who have 'borrowed' money to buy them. What is the difference if you have them financed by a third party????
Again, in my comment I was speaking for federal mandated laws. The fact of the matter is that if the FFL dealer is willing to used "borrowed" money or something else similar its discretionary, as are all transactions in the private sector. Where I live I can't think of 1 gun shop that wouldn't allow for the borrowed money to pay for the firearm. Maybe Wal-Mart or other large retailers. Maybe he's in a liberal state or went to a large retailer. If not, maybe the gun store owner just didn't want his money Lmao maybe he was being audited & was being extra careful

Old 04-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
It was a lot more constructive than your post.

Axxe55, myself, and more than a few others are always harping about knowing your local laws instead of depending on the internet for legal advice. Why? Because it's often wrong. Even those with the best intentions can give bad advice due to a lack of familiarity with the local laws in the OP's locale.

I see that you have a whopping total of 19 posts so far. You might want to sit back and observe for a bit to see if you can catch the feel of the forum. You obviously don't have it yet.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #16

Liked 27 Times on 23 Posts

Two points: It may be a legal transaction, but I can see how it might LOOK like a straw purchase from the dealer's perspective.

On the bright side, the dealer's refusal kept you from buying your brother a Remington 770, the worst centerfire rifle offered for sale.

Take a look at Marlin X7, Savage Axis, Ruger American or Weatherby Vanguard/Howa 1500. All are vastly superior rifles at similar prices.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1818 Times on 1066 Posts
Likes Given: 876

The intended purpose of the 4473 is to show this is not a 'straw purchase'! That question is ask and you answer it up front. Who pays for the item is totally irrelevant!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 04-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #18

Liked 344 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by natman

On the bright side, the dealer's refusal kept you from buying your brother a Remington 770, the worst centerfire rifle offered for sale.

You know, everyone says that and makes it seem like its the worse thing since.....I'm not gonna say what I originally was since I'll get in trouble. But if his brother only wants it for plinking or as a first rifle for even hunting, it wouldn't be that bad.

But now for the question I'm going to ask everyone who knocks the 770....have you fired enough rounds using the rifle to say that you e actually got so e type of Experience with it?

Old 04-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #19

Liked 621 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 1579

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau
The intended purpose of the 4473 is to show this is not a 'straw purchase'! That question is ask and you answer it up front. Who pays for the item is totally irrelevant!
Exactly!!!

Old 04-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #20
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20895 Times on 11878 Posts
Likes Given: 52454

Quote:
partner, i call things the way i see them, plain and simple. don't like it, exit out of the conversation.

sarcasm is one of my services i provide for free. you might want to grow some thicker skin if you expect to survive here.