Remington 750
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Remington 750

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2162 Times on 1282 Posts
Likes Given: 1086

Default Remington 750

I just got a 750 Carbine in 308 to terminate hogs with 'extreme prejudice'.
I just got through with the initial session at the bench. The first 20 rounds were VERY disappointing!!! One failure to feed and/or go into battery after another.
But as I got to about the 40 round mark it began to function more reliably.
I put a 1.75x6 (short) Leupold on it and with silver box Winchester 150 SP it shoots 1.5 MOA. That is 'minute of hog' in my book. I am not fond of the 'light' bullet, but most of the hogs we have taken have been in the 100 to 150 range. I have some 165 Fusions and the next trip to the bench (30 feet out my backdoor) I am going to try the 165's and use them if they group 2 MOA or better.
I will keep you advised. If any of you have any first hand knowledge of an after market 10 round mag for the 7400/750 let me know please.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3102 Times on 1508 Posts
Likes Given: 1557

Jim,

Be sure the action is well lubed and especially when the rifle is new! And you should have no problems with the pigs and 150 grain bullets. I like the Hornady 150 gr. SST. They are very accurate and will flat put a deer down also.
I have an older Remington 740 in 30-06 and it is a fine old rifle. I keep the inside clean and lubed. Never lets me down. You also chose some good glass for your rifle also.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 07-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #3

Liked 1293 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 555

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
I just got a 750 Carbine in 308 to terminate hogs with 'extreme prejudice'.. If any of you have any first hand knowledge of an after market 10 round mag for the 7400/750 let me know please.
Triple K makes a decent 10 round mag for Remington autos.

150 grains of .308 is way more than adequate.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:26 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
Triple K makes a decent 10 round mag for Remington autos.

150 grains of .308 is way more than adequate.
Thanks for the reply.
I will check on the Triple K. Do you have any first hand knowledge of these mags?? I have gotten mixed reviews while trying to get info on hi cap mags for this rifle.
The 150's are adequate for most of the hogs we are finding now, but we have had reports of two big boars, 300+, and I do not consider any bullet 'adequate' that does not give a complete penetration. This 'energy dump' stuff is a myth I don't buy into. I want a BIG hole all the way through!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!

Old 07-18-2013, 02:28 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Jim,

Be sure the action is well lubed and especially when the rifle is new! And you should have no problems with the pigs and 150 grain bullets. I like the Hornady 150 gr. SST. They are very accurate and will flat put a deer down also.
I have an older Remington 740 in 30-06 and it is a fine old rifle. I keep the inside clean and lubed. Never lets me down. You also chose some good glass for your rifle also.

You are correct. I lubed it with Break Free, both action bars and the bolt, and it helped A LOT!!!

Old 07-18-2013, 02:29 AM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3102 Times on 1508 Posts
Likes Given: 1557

Jim,

Shot placement if possible Right Behind the Ear! = DRT!
Have fun!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 07-18-2013, 02:36 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Jim,

Shot placement if possible Right Behind the Ear! = DRT!
Have fun!

When that is possible I use this, BUT that is not always possible so you have to BRING ENOUGH gun if you find yourself on the business end of a pissed off mama or papa hog!!!!

Old 07-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #8

Liked 1293 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 555

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
Thanks for the reply.
I will check on the Triple K. Do you have any first hand knowledge of these mags?? I have gotten mixed reviews while trying to get info on hi cap mags for this rifle. )
I personally own a couple of Triple K 1911 mags, they have worked well at the range.

I have friends that have used the Triple K's with no complaints. I just don't think there are many options to choose from, and Triple K is by far the most common.

Another option is carry a couple of spare 5 round mags.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
I personally own a couple of Triple K 1911 mags, they have worked well at the range.

I have friends that have used the Triple K's with no complaints. I just don't think there are many options to choose from, and Triple K is by far the most common.

Another option is carry a couple of spare 5 round mags.
Roger that! I will run down a 10 rounder and try it before I spend a bunch of money for the 4 rounders.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I tried the 165 gr Fusions and they did about 2 1/2 MOA. If I go into the 'thick stuff' where I will be shooting 50 yds or less I will use the bigger bullets (165/180 gr), but for now (baiting them in) I will use the 150's.
I am still trying to locate a hi-cap mag.