Remington 700's
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Remington 700's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Remington 700's

What is the best caliber to hunt hogs with, and what is the best looking Remington model 700?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by tderrick View Post
What is the best caliber to hunt hogs with, and what is the best looking Remington model 700?
308, 30-06, 7mm-08, 300 Win. Mag., 7mm Rem. Mag. 30-30, 44 Mag., ect. ect. ......

best looking out of the box is the M700 CDL IMO.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #3

Liked 374 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Remington model 700cdl are the best looking.....

Thomas

NEVER TAKE A SLEEPING PILL AND A LAXATIVE IN THE SAME NIGHT

Old 04-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Before you buy a bolt handle breaking, self-firing, 8 pound trigger pull, round bottom recievered, sandwiched recoil lugged Remington, I'd take a long hard look at a Winchester Model 70.

4 pound MOA trigger that feels like 2, controlled round feed, forged and machined integral recoil lug, flat bottom receiver that resists twisting inside the stock during firing, blade type ejector giving you full control of fired cases, and guaranteed MOA accuracy out of the box that Remington or Savage can't match. Made 100% in the USA at the FN plant in Columbia, South Carolina.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model70
Before you buy a bolt handle breaking, self-firing, 8 pound trigger pull, round bottom recievered, sandwiched recoil lugged Remington, I'd take a long hard look at a Winchester Model 70.

4 pound MOA trigger that feels like 2, controlled round feed, forged and machined integral recoil lug, flat bottom receiver that resists twisting inside the stock during firing, blade type ejector giving you full control of fired cases, and guaranteed MOA accuracy out of the box that Remington or Savage can't match. Made 100% in the USA at the FN plant in Columbia, South Carolina.
No factory model 700 will self-fire. Only the ones that the dingbats try to modify will do that.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model70

Where the hell do you get this sh*t?
Sounds like someone has it out for Remington.
My 700 sps tactical shoots sub MOA out of the box. Don't know we're you got the 8 pound trigger pull from, mine has a 3 1/2 pound trigger that is adjustable to lower than that.
Self firing? Wtf?

Old 04-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01hugo View Post
No factory model 700 will self-fire. Only the ones that the dingbats try to modify will do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoooth308 View Post
Where the hell do you get this sh*t?
Sounds like someone has it out for Remington.
My 700 sps tactical shoots sub MOA out of the box. Don't know we're you got the 8 pound trigger pull from, mine has a 3 1/2 pound trigger that is adjustable to lower than that.
Self firing? Wtf?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Model70 View Post

i'm not bad mouthing Winchester M70's, as they are very fine and accurate rifles, and i own one. but seriously, you don't know jacks#@t about Remington M700's! i own four of them, ranging in old to newer, and they all are very fine performing and accurate. i have two of them with triggers adjusted down to under 3 lbs. and one has it adjusted to just under 4 lbs. self-firing? you must be refering to the ones where some jake-leg, wannabe, thought he was a gunsmith adjust the trigger and didn't perform the proper safety function tests. that where that urban myth comes from and frankly, i'm really sick of hearing it. bolt handle breaking? well that's a new one i have never heard before! i think after owning and shooting them for almost 40 years, i would have heard this one, but no, i haven't. must be another urban myth. Remington or Savage can't match the accuracy of a Winchester? what rock have you been under for so many years. both Remington and Savage both have excellent reputations for fine accuracy out of the box. also both are made right here in the United States, just as the Winchester M70 is. you need to start putting your brain in gear, before engaging your mouth! because with a post like that, you really sound like a troll. saying you like the Winchester and prefer it over the Remington and feel that it suits you needs better, would go much futher and carry more weight.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_blue79 View Post
Are we talking new or old? New I would say CDL, older I would say the BDL Deluxe, I have seen one and held the sameone, that is a beautiful stock. As far as a caliber, I like the .270 win, my uncle hunts them with .243 and .308, I'm going to hunt them with .270 win, .243 win, .50cal BP, and .303 british.
if i'm not mistaken, the CDL is a grade above even the older BDL Deluxe models. also the Classic, which they offer in a different caliber every year for just that year is a CDL. what is a shame, is they dropped the wood stocked ADL. i have had several of those over the years and are similar in appearance to the BDL. then the ADL came with a synthetic stock, then became the SPS.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:25 PM   #9

I own a pre-64 Model 70 Featherweight in 30-06 Springfield and I think the new Model 70 featherweight is also a nice looking rifle. But I also own these fine Remington Model 700s. The first one is a CDL in 243 Winchester and the second one is a VLS in 308 Win.

remington-m700-cdl.jpg   remington-m700-bdl-vls.jpg  

Old 04-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #10

oldtymer, nice looking Remingtons there! i too have always liked the Winchester M70, as it is very fine rifle. the Remington M700's are in their own right very nice rifles and a pleasure to shoot also. i enjoy accurate and well built rifles in general especially bolt actions.