remington 700 youth vs regular

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > remington 700 youth vs regular

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2011, 04:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default remington 700 youth vs regular

I know there is a difference in the size of the stock and the barrel is a little bit shorter. But how much shorter is the barrell and is the ballistics any different? I was into this 7mm-08 and was thinking about just getting a new stock for it. Is there any big difference is the youth vs the regular?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-04-2011, 05:00 AM   #2

There is barely any change if any in the ballistics. And you dont need a new stock, just add a butt pad to match your LOP (lenth of Pull). To find your LOP go to the General Rifle Discussion and its one of the stickys at the top of the page.

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." -George Mason
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 08-04-2011, 06:02 AM   #3
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1334 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twpbaseball10 View Post
I know there is a difference in the size of the stock and the barrel is a little bit shorter. But how much shorter is the barrell and is the ballistics any different? I was into this 7mm-08 and was thinking about just getting a new stock for it. Is there any big difference is the youth vs the regular?
According to the Remington site:

Youth: 20" Barrel, 38 5/8" overall, 6.75 lbs.
Full-size: 24" Barrel, 43 5/8" overall, 7.25 lbs

According to a discussion on TheHighRoad.org, the difference in shooting is 40 fps and almost no difference in energy. The youth model also has a stock that has spacers that can be added to lengthen the stock to any length desired, within reason.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)