You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

Remington 700 X-mark pro recall

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2014, 03:30 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 176 Times on 115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgodd View Post
Should I remove the scope when I send it in?
Yes. They wont insure it.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:45 PM   #22
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2217 Times on 1312 Posts
Likes Given: 4810

I did the request to Remington on the 12 Apr 2014 and still no box or label to ship via FedEx. I have shot over 1K rounds and at this point Remington dropped the ball and I am not sending the rifle back; but, will order a trigger.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-09-2014, 09:21 PM   #23

Liked 380 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Did the request on April 20. Just got box today. Gonna send it out Monday or Tuesday.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:11 PM   #24

Well, I made the mistake of sending my 2 affected guns in. It took them 2 weeks just to send the empty boxes. Now, here it is 3 MORE weeks and I've only received an e-mail saying that they received the firearms and have checked them in and a link to "Check on repair progress". It only says that the guns have been received and checked in. So, today I called them only to have a young lady tell me that there was NO TIME FRAME on the return of my guns, and that it could be 2 weeks, 2 months or longer. WHAT?!?! Really? She went on to say that there was a back-log of guns and a delay getting parts. Parts? I thought we were checking for too much Loc-Tite.
It's untelling what they are doing to my guns. If I had it to do over, I'd have waited for the rush to be over and to see exactly what they were doing to correct the problem. I really hate it too because they both had really sweet triggers, or so I thought. It looks like they just wanted to get as many as possible in their possession as quickly as possible whether or not that had the capacity to actually fix them.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:16 PM   #25
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22399 Times on 12495 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i have no intentions of sending any of mine in that were affected by their recall. two have shot many hundreds of rounds and are cleaned and maintained religiously by myself.

you would think if there really was a problem with them, it would have surfaced by now. the third is a bare M700 action that when it's built will have an aftermarket trigger more than likely, so it definately will not be returned to the factory for any reason.
People Like This 
Old 05-29-2014, 02:11 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 225

went to gander mountain this morning posters said no 700s or model 7s for sale at this time..

Old 05-29-2014, 12:43 PM   #27

It's really a shame that I own not one, but two really nice deer rifles but may have to borrow one for this year's season. This is ridiculous. I really expected better from Remington. My Grandfather always told me to stick with Winchester. It looks like the old man was right.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:35 PM   #28
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22399 Times on 12495 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievalleytrailer View Post
Well, I made the mistake of sending my 2 affected guns in. It took them 2 weeks just to send the empty boxes. Now, here it is 3 MORE weeks and I've only received an e-mail saying that they received the firearms and have checked them in and a link to "Check on repair progress". It only says that the guns have been received and checked in. So, today I called them only to have a young lady tell me that there was NO TIME FRAME on the return of my guns, and that it could be 2 weeks, 2 months or longer. WHAT?!?! Really? She went on to say that there was a back-log of guns and a delay getting parts. Parts? I thought we were checking for too much Loc-Tite.
It's untelling what they are doing to my guns. If I had it to do over, I'd have waited for the rush to be over and to see exactly what they were doing to correct the problem. I really hate it too because they both had really sweet triggers, or so I thought. It looks like they just wanted to get as many as possible in their possession as quickly as possible whether or not that had the capacity to actually fix them.
the lady you talked to probably doesn't really know what the recall entails and is only giving a pre-programed reply when asked that question.

two of the three M700's that i have affected by the recall have shot several hundreds of rounds and have had the triggers adjusted to lower trigger pull weight and have been tested for safey function. neither one has ever failed to perform other than as expected.
People Like This 
Old 06-12-2014, 06:43 PM   #29

Well, 7 weeks and not a word from Remington. Has anyone heard anything from them?

Old 06-19-2014, 03:20 PM   #30

**UPDATE**
Finally, after 8 weeks I got an email from Remington that my guns have been shipped!!!