Remington 700 for a WASR 10/63? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Remington 700 for a WASR 10/63?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post
I dont recall any $200 Aks during the Bush years. People (myself included) SKS's would never be more than a $150 gun. I wish I had bought everyone I saw sitting in the barrrel at Roses and Kmart for 80 bucks
I kick myself over the same thing...I could have got them by the crate at that price and lower

Now, back to the op...These are two entirely different rifles we are talking about here. So the uses of them are totally different. No AK is a tack driver but the Remington can be if it isn't at the moment.
Price wise AKs are selling around 700 and up as much as a grand. So you're not all that far apart on price. That drum mag coming with the AK? Those things sell at a hundred bucks and up. The other mags are around 20 bucks a piece. AK ammo even with elevated prices right now is always going to be cheaper and more plentiful than the 300 Blackout ammo for the Remington. I really do not like those stocks liek the AK has but they are not cheap either.

So with current pricing they are pretty close.

It comes down to which you think you have more use for right now and down the road. Truth be told I don't see AKs getting much if any cheaper any time soon. WE have on way of knowing how the evil rifle tihng is going to play out down the road no matter who is in the White House. But honestly I can't see any ban happening any time soon.

I'd probably keep the Remington if it was me and save up for an AK if I wanted one. But truth be told if that drum mag is tossed in you are not doing all that bad on a trade. EVEN the cheaper WASR 10 is selling much higher than than the 400 bucks they brought a few years ago.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-26-2013, 01:59 AM   #12

Liked 260 Times on 180 Posts
Likes Given: 367

I'd just get into reloading if I were you . .300 blkout is a superior does it all rd imho. And in 700 tactical? Thats gotta be a sweet shooter. No way would I trade for a wasr .Why not just save a couple bucks and buy a wasr ? Then you have the best of both worl......uhmmm make that the best of one world and another so so world hahaha

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

Old 07-26-2013, 02:04 AM   #13

Liked 260 Times on 180 Posts
Likes Given: 367

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
I kick myself over the same thing...I could have got them by the crate at that price and lower

Now, back to the op...These are two entirely different rifles we are talking about here. So the uses of them are totally different. No AK is a tack driver but the Remington can be if it isn't at the moment.
Price wise AKs are selling around 700 and up as much as a grand. So you're not all that far apart on price. That drum mag coming with the AK? Those things sell at a hundred bucks and up. The other mags are around 20 bucks a piece. AK ammo even with elevated prices right now is always going to be cheaper and more plentiful than the 300 Blackout ammo for the Remington. I really do not like those stocks liek the AK has but they are not cheap either.

So with current pricing they are pretty close.

It comes down to which you think you have more use for right now and down the road. Truth be told I don't see AKs getting much if any cheaper any time soon. WE have on way of knowing how the evil rifle tihng is going to play out down the road no matter who is in the White House. But honestly I can't see any ban happening any time soon.

I'd probably keep the Remington if it was me and save up for an AK if I wanted one. But truth be told if that drum mag is tossed in you are not doing all that bad on a trade. EVEN the cheaper WASR 10 is selling much higher than than the 400 bucks they brought a few years ago.
Im starting to see mak90 s getting down in the 700 range again and wasrs in the 500-600 range. This is central florida. I don't know bout the rest of the country but they're coming back down here for just the rifle anyways.

As far as the SKS do you think there is a ceiling?? or could we just see them going up and up? I mean I got basically my winchester 94AE scope , rings , 100 rds case , sling for my chicom sks with 180 rds. wasnt a straight trade but thats how it worked out . Thats gotta be like 550 bucks with a stuff or more nowadays.

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

Old 07-26-2013, 02:14 AM   #14

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0zt36 View Post
Im starting to see mak90 s getting down in the 700 range again and wasrs in the 500-600 range. This is central florida. I don't know bout the rest of the country but they're coming back down here for just the rifle anyways.

As far as the SKS do you think there is a ceiling?? or could we just see them going up and up? I mean I got basically my winchester 94AE scope , rings , 100 rds case , sling for my chicom sks with 180 rds. wasnt a straight trade but thats how it worked out . Thats gotta be like 550 bucks with a stuff or more nowadays.
I keep hearing that prices on the SKS are going nowhere buy up. Yugos around Ky are around 350-400 at the bottom end. And the sky's the limit on the D and M types.

The only evil black rifles going down around here are the ARs. I'm seeing them as low as 700 again. And I see them getting lower with a market flooded with overpriced rifles a lot of people are going to have to hold them for God knows how long or take a bath on them. And many are willing to take the loss.

Ammo is getting cheaper and a little more prevalent...Around here anyway.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #15

Liked 57 Times on 38 Posts

So it's looking like AR's are coming down in price but not AK's and SKS's? So should I grab an AK now or wait til the next republican gets elected and prices drop?

Old 07-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #16

Liked 297 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 59

This deal is all about preference and what you really want. If it were me, and I was tired of the high $ per round for the Remmie, I'd sell it outright. Then I would take the cash and buy something I really wanted. I would not trade "down" or trade for something that may be a little harder to deal and come out at least even. JMHO.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #17

Liked 748 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

I would do the trade,,,If you dont like the AK SOMEBODY will give you $850 for the package. I will admit, with the exception of a few guns I do love to trade them. Also the 300 Blk is supposed to be an awesome caliber ( i have no experience) I would prefer a rifle that is chambered for something a bit more common.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #18

Liked 741 Times on 516 Posts
Likes Given: 773

Wasr 10's are selling for $400.00 down the street from me. It is still a century parts gun. Not worth the trade.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #19

Liked 748 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
Wasr 10's are selling for $400.00 down the street from me. It is still a century parts gun. Not worth the trade.
Is an FFL selling them for 400---If at all possible I would like to order one if they are still available---Thanks

Old 07-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #20

Liked 57 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101

Is an FFL selling them for 400---If at all possible I would like to order one if they are still available---Thanks
Same please