Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Remington 700 vs Savage model F 10 FCP .308 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/remington-700-vs-savage-model-f-10-fcp-308-a-90918/)

brinky 05-19-2013 02:05 PM

Remington 700 vs Savage model F 10 FCP .308

Whats your opinion on these two long range rifles bolt action rifles, just looking for some feed back, right now im really into some bolt action rifles and just want to be pointed in the right direction?!

elfmdl 05-19-2013 02:22 PM

Both are good rifles. They both come with good adjustable triggers, both are good and accurate, my 700 shoots .75 Moa all day. The main thing that I like on the 700 better is the action, I don't think that the 700 action can be beat.

brinky 05-19-2013 02:24 PM

haha your not the first person that ive ever heard that from but yeah there definitely alot more reasonable than savage's rifles ):

Txhillbilly 05-19-2013 05:51 PM

Both are very good platforms. Both are excellent shooters.
I prefer the Savage over the Remington. I like being able to build a complete rifle without needing a gunsmith to do anything on it.
There are plenty of aftermarket parts choices for either brand.

Jagermeister 05-19-2013 06:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by elfmdl (Post 1251425)
Both are good rifles. They both come with good adjustable triggers, both are good and accurate, my 700 shoots .75 Moa all day. The main thing that I like on the 700 better is the action, I don't think that the 700 action can be beat.

"The main thing that I like on the 700 better is the action, I don't think that the 700 action can be beat."

This is a friendly and respectful answer to your posting. You made a very bold statement. I could start a list, but the rifles would be much more expensive. Do you mean for the price range of rifles that the 700 is in? I have been in challenges between my CZ-550 synthetic (manufactured at Czech factory) and fellow American hunters that had Remington 700s. The rivalry never ends between CZ and Remington owners over here. I have never lost though. Too bad, I would love to have a friendly challange at the range. I feel that the CZ has better quality materials with the better Mauser action. Plus, I love the set trigger on the CZ. Smooth like butter.:D

elfmdl 05-19-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagermeister

"The main thing that I like on the 700 better is the action, I don't think that the 700 action can be beat."

This is a friendly and respectful answer to your posting. You made a very bold statement. I could start a list, but the rifles would be much more expensive. Do you mean for the price range of rifles that the 700 is in? I have been in challenges between my CZ-550 synthetic (manufactured at Czech factory) and fellow American hunters that had Remington 700s. The rivalry never ends between CZ and Remington owners over here. I have never lost though. Too bad, I would love to have a friendly challange at the range. I feel that the CZ has better quality materials with the better Mauser action. Plus, I love the set trigger on the CZ. Smooth like butter.:D

For the price range, but I still think it is one of the best out there. I know people that have spent some pretty good $$ on a custom rifles, the action from which they took from a Remington 700

Txhillbilly 05-19-2013 10:35 PM

The Remington action is a good action,but IMO,a Winchester 70 is about as good as you can get from a factory action. Too bad I can't get the Winchester in LH,or that's what I'd use on all of my custom builds.
The only Remington action that I own anymore is my 1903A3.

E7018Dan 05-20-2013 12:17 AM

Its kinda like the argument of rem 870 vs mossy 500. Both are good and will do what you want but in this case and price range its just personal preference. Just do not get a rem mod 70. Pm of u want for details y.
But I prefer the savage.

MOshooter 05-21-2013 02:55 AM

If you can look at both rifles,shoulder them both and see which fits you the best.

Both manufacturers make some very nice rifles,I have both Remingtons and Savages both are capable of fine accuracy,I tend to favor the Remingtons from some many years of use hunting in the field.

Can't go wrong with either brand.

dickie3625 05-21-2013 03:44 AM

Sweet topic