Remington 700 SPS .308 Conversion

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Remington 700 SPS .308 Conversion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Remington 700 SPS .308 Conversion

Need help! I would like to add a tactical stock to my .308. I have learned that I can possibly convert it to have a detachable magazine. Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so what products or manufactures should I look at?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-21-2012, 11:30 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6537 Times on 3645 Posts
Likes Given: 6173

For the stock, I'd suggest McMillan.

www.mcmfamily.com

Old 12-21-2012, 11:34 PM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Im looking to do the same to mine as well check out www.stockysstocks.com

Old 12-22-2012, 12:07 AM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

H-S precision stocks makes a synthetic tactical type stock that uses their detachable magazine floorplate assembly. neither one is cheap, but very well made and used by LE for their sniper rifles.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:20 AM   #5

Liked 19 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 14

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3762290&gonew=1 #UNREAD

Old 12-22-2012, 02:02 AM   #6

The for the links and info on stocks. More to the point of what I am asking is my SPS has the ADL format and not the BDL so it doesn't have the hinged plate. So does anyone know of a conversion kit so it can have a detachable magazine.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:10 AM   #7
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtYogi View Post
The for the links and info on stocks. More to the point of what I am asking is my SPS has the ADL format and not the BDL so it doesn't have the hinged plate. So does anyone know of a conversion kit so it can have a detachable magazine.
i have read that the factory stock can be modified to use the H-S Precision detachable magazine floorplate assembly. not 100% sure about this, so you might want to research it further to be sure.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6537 Times on 3645 Posts
Likes Given: 6173

Guys, the PR LE liason person for HS Precision is Lon Horiuchi. The FBI sniper that killed Vicki Weaver at Ruby Ridge.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill

Old 12-22-2012, 11:46 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 118 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 103

Consider the excellent Bell & Carlson Medalist stocks. I'm particularly fond of the M40 version.

Wyatt Outdoors makes a detachable mag system using their proprietary single stack magazines, 5 round & 10 round. It requires no additional in-letting for a BDL stock. You would need to order new bottom metal screws for a BDL configuration. The Wyatt system is a budget version of the noticeably more expensive offerings by Badger, HSP, Surgeon, etc. The latter systems all require additional stock in-letting & fitting.

I'm using the Wyatt system and quite like it. The single stack mags are longer than the AI staggered magazines and the system is not as robust as the higher cost versions but its a nice alternative for the average shooter.

You'd need a BDL stock, BDL receiver screws and the Wyatt DBM system.

A supplier I can highly recommend is Red Hawk Rifles in Colorado. No affiliation, just a happy customer whom appreciates their excellent prices and service.

http://www.redhawkrifles.com/

MidwayUSA also carries the stocks and detachable mag systems and is another excellent supplier of all things forearms.

I find the B&C Medalist stocks every bit as good as the HSP counterparts and I think their finish is better than HSP.

I own McMillan stocks and have had HSP in the past. They lost me when they affiliated with the assassin Horiuchi.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #10

Liked 258 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmes375
Consider the excellent Bell & Carlson Medalist stocks. I'm particularly fond of the M40 version.

Wyatt Outdoors makes a detachable mag system using their proprietary single stack magazines, 5 round & 10 round. It requires no additional in-letting for a BDL stock. You would need to order new bottom metal screws for a BDL configuration. The Wyatt system is a budget version of the noticeably more expensive offerings by Badger, HSP, Surgeon, etc. The latter systems all require additional stock in-letting & fitting.

I'm using the Wyatt system and quite like it. The single stack mags are longer than the AI staggered magazines and the system is not as robust as the higher cost versions but its a nice alternative for the average shooter.

You'd need a BDL stock, BDL receiver screws and the Wyatt DBM system.

A supplier I can highly recommend is Red Hawk Rifles in Colorado. No affiliation, just a happy customer whom appreciates their excellent prices and service.

http://www.redhawkrifles.com/

MidwayUSA also carries the stocks and detachable mag systems and is another excellent supplier of all things forearms.

I find the B&C Medalist stocks every bit as good as the HSP counterparts and I think their finish is better than HSP.

I own McMillan stocks and have had HSP in the past. They lost me when they affiliated with the assassin Horiuchi.
I love my bell and carlson stock. It's a lot cheaper than a McMillan and its hella solid. I'm doing the CDI detachable mag on mine in the near future.