Rem 783 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Rem 783

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I dumped Remington over ammo issues and have not even touched any of there new production guns already owning all I need I don't find it hard to believe there quality has gone to hell though after what marlin became. They stopped producing 350 magnum ammo years ago then came out with the 773 and started making it again.
They sold them a few years and also chambered the model 7 in 350 then just stopped making them. Ok that's understandable it is not a caliber most people use and the myths of there severe recoil still remain.
But there are many people in the north west and Alaska who still own and use them. Why stop making the ammo. I sent a e-mail to Remington asking if they planned on running off any more.
The answer was no and they offered to send me information on where to buy it from other manufacturers.I asked if they were going to make the corelokt bullets so a person could reload them and they said no.
I sent them back a nasty e-mail pointing out they still make 35 whelen and its no more popular than 350 magnum.
They basicly just want to push there short magnum newer cartridges and left a lot of loyal customers hanging with rifles they cannot buy ammo for.
I have had a model 600 350 mag since I was 14 and it is my favorite most used hunting carbine.
Now I am forced to use bullets I feel are inferior to the corelokt to reload or buy other manufacturers ammo at super high prices with cut down loads as well as other style bullets.
I also told them how bad there quality control on marlins when I was hot to buy a quide gun in 45-70 and went from gun store to gun store looking them over and found there actions felt like they were packed with gravel and there fit and finish was pathetic.
I told them they were like Harley when it sold out to AMF and made oil leaking undependable rattle apart shovel heads that almost bankrupted Harley and to this day I hear people who still believe Harleys are junk like the old amf days.
I think Remington will eventualy flounder and will blame it on the union as usual and maybe some will buy them out along with marlin and bring back there old quality. But there reputation will always be tarnished from now on.
In the smith and Wesson forums they are boycotting Remington as well because they wont pack up and leave NY with all the new Commie antiguns laws they have.
I will probably find a used model 742 carbine in 30-06 use it for my hunting and retire the old 350 my dad gave me since he has passed away I probably should not be packing around any way.

Old 05-09-2013, 05:09 PM   #12

Liked 189 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 95

In a recent multi-gun comparison the Remington 700 took dead last, the average accuracy with several types of factory ammo amongst the three 700s they tested was 2.33" at 100yd, the Savage and Winchester made it look like the joke it has become they both ran close to the 1" mark. If they cannot get their high dollar 700 performing right what are the chances their budget rifle will be worth a damn? No thanks I'll pass until Remington pulls their head out their rear end and starts making quality firearms again.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #13

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts

So I finally got a chance to shoot my new rem 783. And to me it shot like a champ. It was smooth and on target and just an overall fun gun to shot.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #14

Liked 99 Times on 65 Posts

I'm glad you like it. Hopefully over time you will get used to everything about it and get some really good shots out of it. People are going to clown you or talk down your gun because you bought a Remington. Don't fret over it, just show them how good it shoots.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:27 PM   #15

Thanks crazy. I know I'm taking a gamble on the gun bc of rem rep. But it's a sweet gun and I like it. I have been trying to find a range around me that I can really start getting some long shots in. Until this forum I never really knew how much people hated rem lol. Are u still thinking about getting a 783?

Old 05-28-2013, 05:44 AM   #16

We don't hate Remington, we hate the Freedom Group/CCM the people who have been dragging their name through the mud for the past six years. Remington USED to be the premier name in all bolt action firearms I used to own nothing but Remington bolt actions, now I won't even consider a new one.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #17

Liked 99 Times on 65 Posts

Yea I would like to get one, but it would have to be next year before I could get it. Bought 4 guns this year already lol

Old 05-28-2013, 11:03 PM   #18

So pretty much rem sold out and there quality went down hill? I just bought my first gun this year and I didn't grow up around they. So I'm trying to learn all this stuff lol. How r rem 870 12g express? I bought a brand new one the first of the year lol. I'm on my

Old 05-28-2013, 11:14 PM   #19

[QUOTE="foot2400"]So pretty much rem sold out and there quality went down hill? I just bought my first gun this year and I didn't grow up around them. So I'm trying to learn all this stuff lol. How r rem 870 12g express? I bought a brand new one the first of the year lol. I'm on my 3rd gun for the year crazy lol. I'm going to try and get another one before the wife starts complaining.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:25 PM   #20

[quote=foot2400;1260702]

Quote:
Originally Posted by foot2400
So pretty much rem sold out and there quality went down hill? I just bought my first gun this year and I didn't grow up around them. So I'm trying to learn all this stuff lol. How r rem 870 12g express? I bought a brand new one the first of the year lol. I'm on my 3rd gun for the year crazy lol. I'm going to try and get another one before the wife starts complaining.
Yep, now mind you their rifles are still OK but OK is a LONG way down from top of the foodchain. As I said I was for many years a diehard Remington fan I would own nothing else, but nowadays I would much rather have a Tikka or Winchester. The 870 has suffered some too, not as much as their rifles but they have had some QC issues with the extractor and finish/steel from what I have heard. Not a big shotgun guy so I cannot give any further detail.