Rem 783
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Rem 783

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts

Default Rem 783

I'm looking at getting a remington 783. I heard they r built to be better then the legendary 700 and way better than the 770. Is there anyone out there that has one that could tell me there opinion?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3863 Times on 2306 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

I recommend a CZ hunting rifle. Better quality materials. I almost bought a 700, but then I test fired it. I did not like the ergonomics nor the harmonics of the barrel (accuracy after a few rounds, especially when hot). The Remington 7 series actually costs more in Germany being an import. Then I test fired a CZ and fell in love with it. I now owned CZ-550 synthetic, and it is waaaaaaay better. The set trigger is awesome and the rifle does not heat up as bad as the Remington after a few shots. The iron sights are high quality and spot on. The gun is wicked accurate, plus it helps when you buy a good scope. Remember, without using your irons, the gun is only as good as the scope you are using.

This is my opinion.

001.jpg   002.jpg   003.jpg  

Old 05-06-2013, 02:12 AM   #3

Liked 99 Times on 65 Posts

I want one too, but I don't think its going to be better then the 700. But I believe its going to a accurate rifle perfect for hunting and target shooting

Old 05-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #4

Liked 226 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 108

I won't touch anything else with the Remington name on it until they fire/replace their joke of a QC department. My last three were defective as was my brothers brand new R1, I won't be wasting any more money on them, if you want a good rifle on the cheap look at Savage/Stevens I have owned half a dozen of them and have been thrilled with them all, if you could spend a few extra $$$ Tikka makes an awesome rifle for a fair price too.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #5

What Remington's did u and brother have a problem with?

Old 05-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #6

Liked 226 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 108

The R1 that is their 1911 frame pistol, how on earth they managed to screw up a 1911 is beyond me that is about the most reliable design out there. Stupid thing would not feed with any ammo we tried, sent it back Remington supposedly did a factory rebuild on it and it still had the same problem. Worst QC of any firearms company. I will not touch another Remington made after Apr 2007 that is when they sold their soul to the devil.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:04 AM   #7

When I find one I'm going to check it out at the gun shop. If it feels good and the bolt is smooth, I'm going to get one. I just bought Savage Hunter 111 and I love it. But what I want to do with this one is use it for a cheap long range gun. If it doesnt work out that way I'll change out the scope and give it to one of the boys to use for hunting. I don't know why I feel this is going to be a good rifle.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #8

Awesome crazycastor let me no what u think. I also ended up picking one up at my LGS. I have not shot it yet but it feels pretty solid. The bolt feels real smooth to me and closes nice and tight. But I am a beginner at all of this lol. I'm going to try and get it out this weekend.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #9

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

I bought a 700 BDL in 30-06 and was very disappointed in the rifle. accuracy was abysmal.

Spent $$ on the trigger and bedded stock with no improvement. Had problems with the mag door release that resulted in two trips back to the factory to resolve.

I too am done with Remington.

I picked up a Thompson Center Venture in 7mm-08 to replace the 700.

The overall quality is much better and this riffle shoots MOA with everything I have shot out of it. Not one issue with fit/finish. Not one issue.

This is a much better rifle, not to mention $200 less expensive. Lifetime warranty too, though it looks like it will go unused.

Big Green better get their heads out of their rears soon or they will become irrelevant.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #10

Let is all know how it shoots. Haven't heard from anyone yet that has shot one.