Rem 700 Trigger Pull

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Rem 700 Trigger Pull

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 12:49 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Rem 700 Trigger Pull

I thought the trigger pull on my Rem Model Seven was heavy so I ordered a trigger scale to test it, and my other rifles. Sure enough, it breaks at 4.5 - 5 pounds. I am going to adjust the trigger down to 3 - 3.5. Has anyone here adjusted the new Rem X-Mark Pro trigger?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-01-2011, 04:16 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21581 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoJoe View Post
I thought the trigger pull on my Rem Model Seven was heavy so I ordered a trigger scale to test it, and my other rifles. Sure enough, it breaks at 4.5 - 5 pounds. I am going to adjust the trigger down to 3 - 3.5. Has anyone here adjusted the new Rem X-Mark Pro trigger?
Joe, google it. that is where i found the information on adjusting the triggers. follow the instructions and take your time. when you finish, follow the procedure for safety. if you are not confident in doing it, take it to a gunsmith, they usually don't charge much to adjust them.

Old 10-02-2011, 07:07 PM   #3

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoJoe View Post
Yes but the last two I did are just not consistent enough for my taste. An aftermarket trigger is a much better option.

Old 10-02-2011, 08:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambli View Post
Yes but the last two I did are just not consistent enough for my taste. An aftermarket trigger is a much better option.
wambli, i have read the newer Pro-X trigger is adjustable down to 2 lbs. i need to order a ftigger pull gauge and test mine and try adjusting it and see if it can be adjusted that low and still be safe. if it can't be, then i agree an aftermarket trigger would be a good option. they make quite a few for the remington rifles.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #5

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
wambli, i have read the newer Pro-X trigger is adjustable down to 2 lbs. i need to order a ftigger pull gauge and test mine and try adjusting it and see if it can be adjusted that low and still be safe. if it can't be, then i agree an aftermarket trigger would be a good option. they make quite a few for the remington rifles.
I've never been able to get an X series down that low but my problem is consistency. For example, I have one on my heavy barrel .223 which is a precission rifle capable of sub .5 MOA groups all day long. The problem is that I can feel the variation in weight from one pull to another and it bugs me when I'm trying for little groups. On a hunting rig it would npt bother me that much but still if you are picky about your triggers a good aftermarket makes all the difference in the world and it's a 5 minute upgrade.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambli View Post
I've never been able to get an X series down that low but my problem is consistency. For example, I have one on my heavy barrel .223 which is a precission rifle capable of sub .5 MOA groups all day long. The problem is that I can feel the variation in weight from one pull to another and it bugs me when I'm trying for little groups. On a hunting rig it would npt bother me that much but still if you are picky about your triggers a good aftermarket makes all the difference in the world and it's a 5 minute upgrade.
i agree. i would rather have a consistent 3.5 lb over one that wasn't. on my new rifle, i will upgrade it later, because i can mount the trigger after the rebarreling job. on it my goal is a trigger of less than 1 lb. beings it will be strictly a target rifle and i just feel the only way to get the type of trigger i want, i will end up having to go aftermarket.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:12 AM   #7

Likes Given: 1

I just bought a Sendero and I haven't had much trouble with the trigger. It came from the factory at 3 3/16#'s. I use it only for hunting though so maybe over time as I shoot it more I will start to notice. I do like the trigger though.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb1982 View Post
I just bought a Sendero and I haven't had much trouble with the trigger. It came from the factory at 3 3/16#'s. I use it only for hunting though so maybe over time as I shoot it more I will start to notice. I do like the trigger though.
your trigger pull weight is probably perfect for hunting. on strictly a target rifle, i like a very light trigger pull, 1 lb or less. you know that kind you breathe on and it goes off! on a hunting rifle i like above 3 lbs.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:27 PM   #9

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
your trigger pull weight is probably perfect for hunting. on strictly a target rifle, i like a very light trigger pull, 1 lb or less. you know that kind you breathe on and it goes off! on a hunting rifle i like above 3 lbs.
I agree. I might do some real fine adjustments on it now, but I only had the gun a few days before the season opened and it was good enough for the time constraints I had. haha