Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Rem 700 titanium .270 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/rem-700-titanium-270-a-23903/)

oldscuba 02-26-2010 08:42 PM

Rem 700 titanium .270

Not sure what I have, but I recently acquired an original design Remington 700 Titanium, .270 caliber with a 3x9 all weather 4300 scope and the Titanium firing pin conversion.

This gun is NEW, box, never hunted and only shot 12 times to sight in.

Because I never hunted big game, what which game can this gun be used?

What is the benefit of Titanium?

What is the value of this gun?

Missileman 02-26-2010 09:32 PM

The 270 Winchester cartridge is a classic, and has been used for a long time for every North American game animal, but primarily deer, antelope, and elk. The Remington model 700 Titanium is a great rifle--the titanium makes it lighter to carry, and more expensive. These run close to $1000 new, depending on configration, stock, etc. A VERY nice rifle--congrats!

oldscuba 02-26-2010 10:13 PM

So how is the older 700ti different than the 700ti Alaskan that see on the web for $1800.00.

The Alaskan is heaver that the 700ti, but maybe that is the caliber difference

Missileman 03-01-2010 02:16 PM

It may not be much different--I guess I should have asked, does yours have a synthetic stock, or wood?

oldscuba 03-02-2010 12:10 PM

It looks to be Kevlar/Carbon Fiber.

IMHO, wood would be too heavy... from what "experts" tell me this gun is designed to be ultra light and something a hunter can carry all day. They added, making something light cost much more than standard materials.

Not sure I will every hunt, but it is amazing technology, neat looking swirl machined bolt too, but not a beer and pizza gun...

Two local guys said want it, but cannot afford it...

I am thinking about taking it to Cabalas Gun Library to sell.

Based on www searches, it looks like they have sold a couple and their clients are in a better position to appreciate a titanium rifle

cpttango30 03-02-2010 01:11 PM

For the value consult The Blue Book of Gun Values. You can find them at Border or Amazon or midwayusa.com

oldscuba 03-02-2010 03:04 PM

Thanks for the tip... but like anything, its only worth what someone will pay.

However, it been my experience that wannabees always worry about book price, but the pros buy what they need to do the job best. That why I figure the Gun Library is the best place for this rifle.

I supose the guy who buys bullets a Walmart and sits in a deer stand does not need this gun. Based on what I am being told, this 5 pound rifle is for a real hunt were a man stalks his Ram or Elk over mountains and through the forest... Maybe in the pro hunter mind its about the hunt not only the kill and to them spending a thousand more to make the experience more enjoyable is worth it.

Because I never hunted big game, maybe next season I will just go to my friends camp to set this gun in the rack and watch everyone envy my rifle while I drink Jim Beam Black

Zacsquatch 03-02-2010 05:23 PM

If you were willing to deal with an FFL... A lot of us would love that thing up here in AK..

Alaskaslist.com Guns/Hunting section... very fast way to sell a light rifle like that.. especially to the sheep/goat hunting crowd..

cpttango30 03-02-2010 06:38 PM

So I am a wannabe because I look at the book value of a gun. Nice to know that.

lonyaeger 03-02-2010 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldscuba (Post 239684)
Thanks for the tip... but like anything, its only worth what someone will pay.

However, it been my experience that wannabees always worry about book price, but the pros buy what they need to do the job best.

Wow. An insult to a long-standing member who has a bajiliion times more experience than you...is that what you meant to do?