Rem. 700 LTR
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Rem. 700 LTR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 02:15 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Rem. 700 LTR

I just picked up a new Remington 700 LTR in .308 today. I am looking for opinions on scope mounting systems that you guys might recommend. I don't want to slap junk on a $900 rifle and limit it's accuracy potential, so I know I will be looking at spending a decent amount of money for a base and rings. I won't be shooting much beyond 500 yards so I don't think I need a base with built in elevation. Thanks for any input.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-27-2008, 11:38 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Rem700LTR

Well I hope you get more replies than I got when I asked about light weight scopes! Funny, because, like we say out here this ain't my first rodeo; I have a lot of rifles and don't have the real expensive scopes on them and of course it depends what you are going to be doing. Leopold makes great ones, old Redfields were good; stepping up Swavorski, etc. Have been curious about Shepards but never experienced one.

Old 02-28-2008, 04:38 AM   #3

My personal choice on my Ruger 300 WM is a Leupold 4.5-14x40 Long Range Side Focus Parallex. Buy a good set of Weaver mounts and rings and your set. This shouldn't set you back more than 650 dollars and you'll have a rifle with capabilities of shooting from 25 yards to up to 1000 if the need arises. I prefer the fine crosshair and the side focus parallex is a must if you want to shoot any distance with accuracy. You should be able to use a low or medium height ring. The lower the better for good cheek weld on the stock. Hope this helps.