Rem 458 Mag.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Rem 458 Mag.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Rem 458 Mag.

What do you have to pay for a 458 mag in a rem ? the numbers are B6777392 where was it made and was this custom ... shop? thanks for you help!

Last edited by Rant; 01-18-2011 at 10:01 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-18-2011, 11:10 PM   #2

Have you ever hit a Gun and it has a tone.. hermonics? Thats stress free The 458 has this .. hit your gun and see if will sings to you ... this is very .. interesting?

Last edited by Rant; 01-18-2011 at 11:17 PM.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:15 PM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

About that much and

HUH

Old 01-18-2011, 11:25 PM   #4

Hermonics is a very interesting thing... in Guns!

Last edited by Rant; 01-18-2011 at 11:28 PM.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:56 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5662 Times on 2957 Posts
Likes Given: 375

remington no longer makes their safari line of 700's. you can still get them as they were only discontinued for 2011. they run around 1500$ NIB.

if you want a 458 win mag i would go with cz or winchester over the remington.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-19-2011, 12:21 AM   #6

CZ... or Win over a Rem ... very intresting... i have A real CZ.. not US..... ones that came from the Iron curtain.... Shoots like Hell !..... but very... very.. in the ruFF...

Last edited by Rant; 01-19-2011 at 12:24 AM.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:44 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

rem 700 isnt very good in the large bores thats why remington discontinued their safari line they just didnt sell.. they excel in 30cal and down.

mauser style actions are the best for big bore rifles. thats why i suggest them the winchester model 70 is the best for big bore short action, followed closely by the cz550 line.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-19-2011, 01:32 AM   #8

Its like Im talking to a stone wall ... Do I have to GO into repetition? sorry All what I AM saying.. iff you do not shoot a 223... do you HAVE any thing on the custom numbers on my 458.. thanks..! aND REM IS NOT REAL GOOD IN THE bIG BORES.. REALY ?

Last edited by Rant; 01-19-2011 at 01:41 AM.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:00 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rant View Post
Its like Im talking to a stone wall ... Do I have to GO into repetition? sorry All what I AM saying.. iff you do not shoot a 223... do you HAVE any thing on the custom numbers on my 458.. thanks..! aND REM IS NOT REAL GOOD IN THE bIG BORES.. REALY ?
ive no clue as to what your asking. and no the remingtons are not, thats why they didnt sell, and why remington stopped making them.

the reason they are not good is because big bores are typically used for hunting dangerous game like cape buffalo, elephants, lions etc. push feed in bigbores have extraction and feeding issues mainly due to the nature of belted magnum cartridges. thats why the preferred action for dangerous game is either the big english double rifles typically called "continentals" or mauser style actions.

if all your doing is popping rounds at the range or busting water melons it doesnt matter. if you have a cape buffalo coming at ya you want an action thats reliable in the extreme.

Last edited by JonM; 01-19-2011 at 02:06 AM.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:54 AM   #10

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

In the English language, there are 26 characters, called letters.

When these letters are placed in certain orders, they form words.

When these words are placed in a certain order, they form sentences.

When you get about four or more sentences, it becomes a paragraph.

Use all of these in their special order, along with special characters called punctuation marks, YOU MIGHT GET SOME FLIPPIN HELP.

but rambling like a second day drunk and being a smart ass will get you very little. Except maybe a glint of light from the shiny end of the banhammer right before it ceases your existence.

Oh, and definitely the CZ over a Remington in big bore.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?