Registration question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Registration question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Registration question

I have always had hand guns, but now want to get into long guns and have a question. Are semi-auto rifles generally registered like a hand gun or not registered like shotguns? Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2732 Times on 1431 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Depends on where you live. Here in Texas there is no such thing as firearms registration, period.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 06-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Same can be said for VA they don't care what you own just that you don't break the law with it.

You best bet is to check with your local gun stores. GO in and ask them questions. They will be more than happy to answer your questions and sell you an Ar to boot.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:04 AM   #4

Ditto, for Georgia. The only registration needed is NFA and that is Federal Law, anyway.

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take every thing you have.
Thomas Jefferson

US Army Retired / Postal Employee
NRA Endowment Member
Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Old 06-20-2009, 05:46 PM   #5

Default registration

if you buy a rifle from a FFL it will be registered.the only state I know is Mass that registers all guns.
the gun dealer keeps the records so the gov only gets them if the dealer goes out of business.

Old 06-21-2009, 04:21 AM   #6

I went back to a dealer and found out that Michigan has only the federal quicky check and with my cpl I basically signed the form and that was it. They didn't call it in and filed it the archives. Thanks for all you help.