Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   General Rifle Discussion (
-   -   Reducing or Mitigating Barrel Harmonics (

Stevesdl 01-21-2010 01:52 AM

Reducing or Mitigating Barrel Harmonics
Hi All,
I thought I saw somewhere on this site the mention of a rubber device that slips over the barrel of a rifle, and with sliding the device up and down the barrel one can mitigate rifle barrel harmonics for better shot groups with mosts "over the counter" ammo.

Does anyone know what that device is called. I want to do some research on it but cannot find what it is called.

Thanks for your time

dteed4094 01-21-2010 02:18 AM

Sounds very logical
If youve ever turned a brake drum or rotor and not put the rubber vibration damper on, they will sing or hum. every vibration will in turn be machined into the surface. If there isn't such a thing there should be. I could be wrong but it sounds logical to me. The only problem I can see with a properly placed damper is holding heat.

Stevesdl 01-21-2010 02:28 AM

Thank you

Just found it

Sims barrel de-resonator.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:33 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.