Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Red Hawk Rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2014, 08:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default Red Hawk Rifles

Has anyone had any dealings with these guys? I'm looking at having a"tactical" .308 bolt gun put together. I've been designated "sniper" from my work(I hate that term for law enforcement, when I picture a sniper I think guys like Chris Kyle and Carlos Hathcock, both of whom I will obviously never be close to) but the paperwork says what it says. I've been issued an older 26" barrel Remington 700P in .308. The rifle itself is fine, but the optic are...well, crap. And it's a pretty basic stock rifle. I'm fortunate enough my agency will allow me to use personal weapons. I'm the kind of guy who prefers to own everything I use on duty. That way I can use exactly what I want and have an extremely high level of familiarity with it, especially in a specialty role such as precision marksmanship, where if you do take a shot, it has to be perfect. I've been to a basic to moderate courses, but have some more advanced training coming up so want my personal rifle to take.

I'm looking to build a 20" barrel on a Remington 700 action, with a 1/10 twist rate. I'll top it with Nightforce glass. The prices on the website look pretty good to me. Especially for a semi-custom rifle.

Here is a link to the one I'm looking at

http://www.redhawkrifles.com/products/remington-tactical-rifles/remington-700-sa-a5-tacticaltarget-rifle

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-13-2014, 11:33 AM   #2
Still learning
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 552 Times on 328 Posts
Likes Given: 2775

I don't have any personal info on them, but I did a search and came up with some info for you.
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=518202